Degrees and Certifications:
Gifted Meetings Process & Procedures
The process for Gifted Meetings:
Click HERE for the Gifted Referral Process Flowchart
- ESE Specialist/School Counselor/Program Specialist for Gifted Services receives notification of completion of evaluation reports via email.
- ESE Specialist/School Counselor check for and obtain any missing data elements or additional testing, i.e., Gifted Checklist, Underrepresented information for review.
- ESE Specialist completes eligibility
- ESE Specialist notifies teacher of the gifted with reports and referrals.
- ESE Specialist provides notification to School Counseling Clerk for a meeting to be scheduled.
- Only the ESE Specialist can determine when an Initial Eligibility can be scheduled.
- Responsible Teacher of the Gifted will complete the EP Components (Present Levels, Goals/Objectives, and Behavior Documents, if )
- The ESE Specialist facilitates the meeting.
- ESE Specialist collaborates with School Counselor/Clerk to propose meeting dates for scheduling with consideration of teacher of the gifted schedule at the school. The meetings should be scheduled at least 4 weeks prior to
- If Teacher of the Gifted recommends possible changes to EP, which is not due to be scheduled, they must notify ESE Specialist as soon as possible.
- Teacher of the Gifted will complete the EP Components (Present Level of Academic Achievement and Functional Performance Goals/Objectives, and Behavior Documents, if )
- ESE Specialist is responsible for reviewing paperwork prior to meeting date for necessary corrections and facilitating the meeting.
- ESE Specialist will facilitate the
- When a new student comes into the school with an EP from in-state or out-of-state, ESE Specialist is notified by the School Counseling Department or Information Processing Clerk (IPC).
- ESE Specialist and School Counseling Clerk will work together to request all documentation from previous school district for completion of evaluation/eligibility
- ESE Specialist will notify teacher of the gifted of new student, so services can start immediately.
- The ESE Specialist notifies the School Counseling Clerk to schedule the
- The School Counseling Clerk then emails the appropriate person(s) to inform of upcoming meeting.
- ESE Specialist will facilitate the meeting with the Teacher of the
Parent Requested Meetings
- The parent or the Teacher of the Gifted notifies ESE Specialist and School Counseling Clerk of parent request for a meeting
- The ESE Specialist confirms with the School Counseling Clerk to schedule the meeting.
- The ESE Specialist facilitates the meeting with the Teacher of the Gifted.
- If the parent would like to just review the EP and not make any changes, the Teacher of the Gifted can facilitate the meeting with School Counselor (this could possibly be considered a parent conference), therefore a scheduled meeting may not be necessary).