Student Records Requests

  • Student Records are available if you attended a Marion County Public Schools. If you attended a Private school, please contact them directly for your records. If the school you attended has closed, please contact our office.

    A request for School Records is governed by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), whereas Public Records Requests are governed by Florida Statute. A request by parents for access to the education records of their children must be provided within a reasonable period of time, but not more than forty-five days after the request has been made.

    Current Student Records

    K12 School Districts seeking transfer of student records of MCPS students please follow this link.

    Parents/Guardians can request student records for students currently attending a public school in the Marion County Public School System by contacting the school in which the student is currently enrolled. MCPS School Directory.

    Former and Inactive Student Records

    Student Records Requests including transcripts are available if you attended a Marion County Public School. Alumni Transcript Request

    Graduation and Attendance Verification

    Graduation and attendance verification for agencies and employers can also be requested. A records release from the former student is required. Verification Request

    GED Records Request

    GED Records may be obtained directly from the Florida Department of Education website or call 850-245-0449 or 877-352-4331 (toll-free).