Yoga & Health
Meeting times/dates TBA.
Once all participants have registered, I will send out an email and post when meeting times will be.
Thank you for your interest in the Yoga and Health Club! A little about me: I became a certified yoga instructor in 2021. Since then I have taught yoga to student athletes right here on the WPHS campus, to teachers, and even at a local studio.
The purpose of this club is to promote:
- Healthy work-out habits (to prevent injury)
- Stress relief
What you will need for this club:
- Yoga mat (you will need to supply your own and can purchase them for cheap at any major retailer)
- Water bottle
What kind of yoga will we do?
- Power Yoga (also known as Vinyasa...think cardio yoga)
- Yin Yoga (meditative yoga)
Some things to keep in mind:
- The purpose of this club is to stretch and promote healthy habits
- There will be zero discussion of religion in any capacity- this is to respect the diverse backgrounds of all participants
- MCPS Dress Code will apply
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me. In the meantime, these articles from Harvard provide great information on the benefits of yoga.