Dual Enrollment is offered through a partnership with the College of Central Florida (CF). Students who meet the eligibility requirements of a 3.0 GPA unweighted and passing scores on the SAT, ACT, or PERT can attend classes at CF. Students taking dual enrollment courses have the opportunity to earn an Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree prior to graduating from high school. There are many advantages to choosing dual enrollment:
- Accelerates a student's college career and provides quality educational experiences close to home
- Allows qualified students to earn college credit while attending high school
- Provides college tuition and textbooks to public school students at no cost
- Courses led by highly qualified teaching faculty who meet the criteria of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) Commission on Colleges
- Provides course offerings in general education courses widely accepted and generally transferable for upper-division enrollment
- Offers access to college resources, facilities, activities, and services such as the Learning Support Center
In addition to courses offered at CF, students enrolled at Dunnellon High School and West Port High School can participate in dual enrollment courses on their campuses taught by on-site adjunct professors.
Click here to access the CF website.