Marion County Public Schools Parent Partnership
The Marion County Public Schools (MCPS) Parent Partnership is a collaboration of district schools, departments, and community organizations to provide families opportunities to assist their child(ren) with strategies to be used at home and link families with community resources.
Each Parent Partnership community event is hosted by one of our seven high schools. All elementary and middle schools within each high school feeder pattern (schools that channel students into a high school) compete for a Most Participation trophy. Congratulations to the feeder pattern winners from August 27th: Belleview High, Dr. NH Jones Elementary, Fort McCoy School, Lake Weir High, Marion Oaks Elementary, Madison Street Elementary, and South Ocala Elementary.
- Family-school relationships should focus on student progress and success.
- Families are equal partners in achieving educational goals for students.
- Both in-school and out-of-school experiences influence students’ school performance.
- Sharing information about child behavior across settings is valued.
- Collaboration has a positive effect on student learning.
- Families should be active partners in decision-making.
- Problem-solving can be accomplished by working together.
- Family-school relationships are cultivated and sustained over time.
- All families want what is best for their children.
- All families can support their child’s learning.
Goal: Increase student achievement through building and cultivating strong family, community, and school partnerships.
Events are FREE to all families and scheduled from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The event will begin at 9:00 a.m., with most breakout sessions lasting 30 minutes. Breakout sessions will repeat a total of four times. Afterward, you may browse tables to view district and community resources.
To register online:
Click the “Register Now”.
- Pre-register for the event by completing the survey. Pre-registration is not necessary but recommended.
- Online pre-registration will close at noon the day before the event.
To register on-site:
Participants can register on-site the day of the event if space is available (pre-registration recommended)..
January 21, 2023, at Belleview High
Topic: Test Readiness
March 25, 2023, at North Marion High
Topic: Beating the Summer Slide