2020 Health and Safety Measures
We make the health and safety of our students and staff a top priority, especially during this pandemic. With many students and staff members returning to campus, here are some of the measures we're taking:
- School Board Resolution requires face coverings (masks, shields, etc.) on school board property when social distancing is not possible
- Maintaining a clean environment at all times thanks to the dedication of custodial crews, teachers, and all of us. Measures include cleaning and disinfecting high-touch areas every night using best practices based Centers for Disease Control and Florida Department of Health in Marion County guidelines, and the national Academy of Cleaning Excellence. Staff training certifications add to the importance and success of this step.
- Refilling hand sanitizer stations and pump bottles daily and more often if needed to provide instant disinfecting
- Using Peroxy HDOX, a safe and environmentally-friendly cleaning agent, on every campus by custodians. Classroom teachers also have this available.
- Providing free face masks and Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) to all students and staff members.
- Shutting down classroom and disinfecting when COVID-19 exposure is suspected or confirmed.
- Operating fresh-air HVAC systems to pump outside air into classrooms, maintaining healthy air quality.
- When it comes to school buses, using face masks, hand sanitizer, between-route and nightly cleanings, and continuous monitoring. Buses can be taken offline for COVID-19 concerns.
- Providing specific steps to help students exposed to COVID-19 based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Florida Department of Health in Marion County
- Issuing directives to help staff members exposed to COVID-19 conditions based on the same CDC and DOH guidelines.