Week 1- I will enter you into a team for Microsoft Teams so you can submit your work through there by mid-week.
The Middle Years
- BE RESPONSIBLE
Most people think of a maturing as someone who takes responsibility for his/her own life. And being responsible shows your parents that you are growing up and can handle more freedom. Here are six ways to be a responsible person:
• Take care of your own affairs.
• Follow through on commitments.
• Answer for your own actions.
• Be trustworthy.
• Don't procrastinate.
• Always use your head.
- CHOOSE TO DO THE RIGHT THING
Some decisions are easy to make, others are more complicated. When it's a choice between right and wrong, you don't need to weigh the pros and cons. Choosing to do the right thing is an act of self-respect and responsible decision making. Here are some guidelines for deciding what's right:
• What do my heart and conscience tell me?
• Could it hurt anyone - including me?
• Is it fair?
• How would I feel if somebody did it to me?
• How will I feel about myself later if I do it?
• What would adults I respect say about it?
- RESPECT YOURSELF
Respecting ourselves helps us make good choices. And making good choices lifts our self-respect. Good self-respect helps every aspect of our personal and social lives and makes it a lot easier to get through the tough times. Here are some things that are almost guaranteed to make you respect yourself.
• Take responsibility for yourself.
• Always do what you believe is right.
• Be true to yourself and your highest values.
• Respect others and treat them right.
• Set goals and work to achieve them.
• Say "no" to negative pressures.
• Don't let others make your choices for you.
HOW TO BE A GROWNUP
Answer in complete sentences.
- What does being responsible mean? Name some responsible behaviors.
- What are the benefits of being responsible?
- Is there a connection between responsibility and freedom? What is it?
- What does self-respect have to do with growing up?
- Do you think your self-respect sometimes affects the way you make choices? In what way?
- Do you think the quality of your choices sometimes affects your self-respect? In what way?
- Agree or disagree: When it comes to making choices, it's okay to do anything you can get away with! Why do you agree or disagree? Can you give some examples from personal experience?
- Why do people sometimes do the right thing even when it's not as easy or as much fun as something else?
- What is the "golden rule?" Does it help you distinguish between right and wrong?
- Agree or disagree: By the time you are 35 years old you are certainly a grownup. Why do you agree or disagree?
- BE RESPONSIBLE