Vanguard’s Girls Bowling
2019 MCIAC Champions
We feature an 8-woman varsity team and a JV team of up-and-coming bowlers.
COACH: Wendy Furphy Wendy.Furphy@marion.k12.fl.us
You may find Coach Furphy on campus in Bldg. 1— Rm. 206 before or after school.
Remind: Sign up for reminders and notifications.
Text: text @vhsbowling to 81010 and follow the prompts
App: rmd.me/a in the browser on your mobile device
Tryouts August 31st @ 4pm at AMF Galaxy East
all paperwork must be completed and your physical turned in to tryout
While experience is preferable, this is a sport open to anyone who is willing to devote their time and effort to practice and the team.
Students must be debt free and academically eligible. Grades are IMPORTANT. Your academics are your first priority. No grades below a “C”. Must have a 2.0 GPA in order to play.
Before you practice, you must have the following on file with the Athletics Dept. Available outside of A.D. Budnick's office or the Vanguard Athletics website.
- Bowling Contract (see Ms. Furphy)
- Current Physical form
- Consent for Treatment form
- Athletic Participation Packet
- Completed COVID-19 Extracurricular Participation Form
- Participation fee paid online through Student access
Before you may play during the season, you must have the following on file with Coach Furphy:
- Go to NFHSLearn.com -Please complete before coming you can practice. Send the certificates to Ms. Furphy in an email. (Wendy.Furphy@marion.k12.fl.us)
- Proof of Concussion course completion
- Proof of Sudden cardiac arrest course completion
- Proof of Heat related illness course completion
This year the team is LIMITED to a maximum of ten bowlers. Tryouts are August 31st. All paperwork must be submitted to Ms. Furphy in order for you to tryout
It is the responsibility of the bowler to get to practice and matches. STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TRANSPORT OTHER STUDENT unless they are siblings. Ms. Furphy is not allowed to transport students for practice or matches.
All bowlers must wear full length khaki pants to bowl. NO LEGGINGS and NO DENIM are allowed.
Bowlers will receive a uniform shirt to wear. This uniform belongs to Vanguard and must be returned at the end of the season. The bowler is responsible for cleaning the shirt and turning it in at the end of the season or be placed on the debt list for the replacement cost of the shirt($75).