Important Classroom Information for Ms. Lamperski’s Class
Information for Parents and Students
Welcome to third grade for the 2020-2021 school year! I am so happy to be your child’s teacher. I am proud and excited to be a part of such an exemplary school. South Ocala Elementary is an exceptional learning environment and third grade has an awesome team that is striving to best help your child. I am an advocate for open communication and transparency as I believe it’s necessary for your child’s growth.
Guidelines for Success
- Follow class and school rules and procedures
- Always do your best
- Treat the classroom, your classmates, and yourself with RESPECT
- Stay focused on learning and what is going on in class
Important Procedures to Know and Follow
- Students are to read 20 minutes every night for homework. This helps students to gain background knowledge, increase their vocabulary, and to practice their reading skills.
- Each week there will be a spelling test on Friday. Please study with your student and help them practice these words.
- Your student will have a “Take Home Folder” that they will take home daily. This will have student work, notes from me, notices from the school, and other important information. The items on the left side need to be “left” at home. The items on the right side need to stay “right” where they are in the folder. Please look at your child’s “Take Home Folder” every Friday as it needs to be signed and brought back by Monday morning.
I will be utilizing Microsoft Teams for my “online classroom”. Your child is automatically enrolled in it and can access it through their student portal. I will be posting assignments, homework, and tests here. This platform will be used during class but is also a great resource for home. I will be going over it during the first week of school, but if you have any questions, I’m happy to help . If you want to keep up with what your child is learning, how they are progressing, and what they need to work on, Microsoft Teams and the Parent Portal are a great way to do so.
Communication is Key:
Although learning looks a little different this year, I am always open to speaking with you about your child. This can take the form of Zoom meetings, Microsoft Teams video chats, emails, or phone calls. Please feel free to contact me!! I will be sending out monthly Newsletters in your child’s Take Home Folder to keep you updated about what’s going on in the classroom.
We are working as a school to keep your child safe during the school day. Please remind and speak with your child about the importance of wearing a mask at all times during the day and social distancing. I will remind them and be sure to enforce this rule. If your child is sick, please notify the school and keep them home. I will be requiring hand washing multiple times throughout the day. We are asking all students to bring a pencil sharpener, refillable water bottle, and mask EVERYDAY. If you have any other questions, please contact me.