Mr. Kelly’s 7th Grade Math Syllabus
Course Description: The concepts and procedures of mathematics are investigated and developed by building mathematics vocabulary, solving problems, using reasoning skills, communicating knowledge and understanding how mathematical ideas are connected to other subjects and to our global world.
Resources: SAVVAS: Realize
Materials: Pencils, Paper, Composition Notebook, 3-Ring Binder, Blue or Black Pen
Class Schedule: 50 minutes daily
Room Number: Building 4 - Room 212
Name: Peter Kelly
LWMS Phone Number: 671-6120
- Rational Numbers
- Ratio and Proportional Relationships
- Applying Proportional Relationships
- Expressions and Equations
- 2-D Geometry
- 3-D Geometry
- Triangle and Angle Exploration
- Samples and Populations
- Interactive FSA Review
- Proportional Relationships Replay
A = 90-100
B = 80-89
C = 70-79
D = 60-69
F = 59 and Below
10% = Homework
50% = Classwork / Quizzes
40% = Test / Projects
Homework Policy: Homework will be kept in the student’s Math Folder. Homework will be collected each day. If absent, please read the make-up work policy below. A student may hand homework in up to three days late and still receive diminished credit.
Makeup Work Policy: Students shall be allowed to make up work missed due to absences or suspensions from school. It is the responsibility of the student with the teacher's help to make up work missed.
If a student is out for a prolonged absence, then the parent can request from guidance (671-6122) their make-up work. A parent must, however, give at least 24 hours notice prior to picking up the work.
Classroom Procedures and Policies:
- Students are to enter quietly, take out class supplies, and begin Bellringer.
- Students are to keep Bellringer and Homework in the Math Folder and all class notes will be kept in their composition book. Classwork and Homework will be collected and graded. Composition Books will be graded quarterly, depending on notes entered.
- Students are expected to participate in whole and group discussions. Each student will have a name card, which is drawn randomly for questions and discussions.
- At the end of the period, students are to remain seated and wait for teacher dismissal.
- Be on time and ready to learn.
- Be respectful.
- Be prepared by having all class materials ready.
- Be a positive person.
- Be focused on your work.
- Verbal correction.
- Parent contact by phone or email.
- Eagle break (This includes time apart from class or sitting apart from other students).
- Referral to the office.