The purpose of this course is to enable students to understand their connections to the development of civilizations by examining the past to prepare for the future as participating members of a global community. Students will use knowledge pertaining to history, geography, economics, political processes, religion, ethics, diverse cultures, and humanities to solve problems in academic, civic, social, and employment settings.
- Writing Materials (Pen, Pencil, Etc.)
- Colored Pencils ( For map work )
This course will use a point grading system. The points are as follows.
A = 90-100
B = 80-89
C = 70-79
D = 60-69
F = 00-59
The course Components will be weighted as follows:
- Homework = 10%
- Class/Daily Assignments, Quizzes, Notebooks = 50%
- Tests. Projects, and Presentations = 40%
Course Component Specifics-
Homework will be assigned, collected and graded. It is expected to be returned on the due date. If a student is absent that student will be allowed to make up homework and regular class assignments within one day of their return to school.
Students will be required to keep a notebook of daily class notes from lectures. That notebook will be used during daily class work, and I will grade it once a week, that grade shell be used as a homework grade.
- We will all have respect for each other.
- Be on time sitting when the bell rings.
- Have all materials in class.
- Only one person will speak at a time.
- Students must remain seated unless given permission to do otherwise.
- During group work no loud talking will be tolerated.
- Please be familiar with the Code of Conduct in the Student Handbook.
(All rules in the Code of Conduct will be followed)
- Students must ask permission to go to the restroom or to get a drink.
(No restroom First and Last 10 minutes of class)
- Tardy Policy: Will follow the policy of the Student Management Handbook
- During some individual work days I will allow you to listen to your music on your phone in class. You may also use your phone for academic study purposes, with prior permission. Please no texting or picture taking.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
If you or your parent/guardian want to speak to me, it can be done through my e-mail.
Mr. William Monigan William.firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU. WE WILL HAVE A FUN YEAR!