STEP 1: Login to your student portal.
STEP 2: Go to Office 365 and choose the TEAMS app.
STEP 3: Choose Health Science 2- pd 2- Woosnam-VHS
STEP 4: Explore your TEAMS notebook (we will be turning in assignments virtually through this platform mostly)
In this course, we will prepare to pass the C.M.A.A. certification exam through the National Healthcareer Association.
(Information below is copied from the Nation Healthcareer Association website)
As a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (also called a Medical Office Secretary or Medical Office Assistant), you’ll keep healthcare offices running efficiently and effectively. This is a highly-rewarding profession - and not only monetarily. Medical assistants are often the first to greet and help patients, and can help set the stage for a patient’s experience.
As a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant, you may perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Review and answer practice correspondence
- Operate computer systems to accomplish office tasks
- Answer calls, schedule appointments, greet patients and maintain files
- Update and maintain patient and other practice-specific information
- Coordinate operation reports such as time and attendance
Medical assisting is one of the fastest-growing careers in America. By becoming a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA), you’ll have the recognized credentials healthcare employers are searching for now.