Ms. Ellsworth’s 7th Grade Math Syllabus
Course Description: The concepts and procedures of mathematics are investigated and developed by building mathematics vocabulary, solving problems, using reasoning skills, communicating knowledge and understanding how mathematical ideas are connected to other subjects and to our global world.
Resources: SAVVAS: Realize
Materials: Pencils, Paper, Composition Notebook, red pen, glue stick, highlighter, and a binder or a Plastic Duo tang (Folder with pockets and fasteners).
Class Schedule: 50 minutes daily
Room Number: Building 4 - Room 213
Name: Lenore Ellsworth
LWMS Phone Number: 671-6120 Ext 56094
- Rational Numbers
- Ratio and Proportional Relationships
- Applying Proportional Relationships
- Expressions and Equations
- 2-D Geometry
- 3-D Geometry
- Triangle and Angle Exploration
- Samples and Populations
- Interactive FSA Review
- Proportional Relationships Replay
A = 90-100
B = 80-89
C = 70-79
D = 60-69
F = 59 and Below
10% = Homework
50% = Classwork / Quizzes
40% = Test / Projects
Homework Policy: Homework will given out on Mondays. Homework will be due on Fridays. If absent, please read the make-up work policy below.
Makeup Work Policy: Students shall be allowed to make up work missed due to absences, or suspensions from school. It is the responsibility of the student with the teacher's help to make up work missed.
If a student is out for a prolonged absence, then the parent can request from guidance (671-6122) their make-up work. A parent must, however, give at least 24 hours notice prior to picking up the work.
Classroom Procedures and Policies:
- Students are to enter quietly, take out class supplies, and begin Bell work.
- Students will keep Bell work and Homework in the Math Folder or binder and all class notes are kept in their composition book. Classwork and Homework will be collected and graded.
- Students will participate in whole and group discussions. Each student will have a name stick, which will be drawn randomly for questions and discussions.
- At the end of the period, students are to remain seated and wait for teacher dismissal.
- Be on Time and Ready to Learn
- Be Respectful
- Bring all Class Supplies
- Politely raise hand to ask question or to get out of seat.
- Cell phones are turned off and put away.
- Verbal correction.
- Teacher / Student Conference.
- Phone call home.
LWMS 20-21 BELL SCHEDULE
1st Period 9:30 - 10:20
2nd Period 10:25 - 11:15
3rd Period 11:20 – 12:10
4th Period 1:05 - 1:55
5th Period 2:00 - 2:50
6th period 2:55 - 3:50