PARENTS, GUARDIANS, AND STUDENTS:
Let me start by saying, I hope you are staying safe and healthy during this time. We will be navigating a lot of new technology during the upcoming days and weeks. If at any time, you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. Below are some important points to notate as we begin the new school year:
- STUDENTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR A FACE MASK AT ALL TIMES, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF: BREAKFAST, LUNCH, PE, and RECESS, BECAUSE WE CAN NOT GUARANTEE THAT SOCIAL DISTANCING WILL ALWAYS BE POSSIBLE.
- COVID SYMPTOMS: If your child exhibits any of the symptoms below, they will be sent home to quarantine for 10 days. Any siblings at the school will also be sent home for a duration of 14 days. Symptoms include: Fever (100.4+), Cough, Shortness of Breath, Fatigue, Muscle or Body Aches, Headache, Loss of Taste or Smell, Sore Throat, Congestion, Runny Nose, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea
- BREAKFAST: If your child eats breakfast at school, they may pick that up at one of the breakfast kiosk locations in the breezeway upon arrival, and then proceed to their classroom to eat.
- LUNCH: Students will walk through the cafeteria to pick up their lunches and then return to the classroom to eat.
- SPECIALS: Special area teachers will come to us. Art and Music will take place in the homeroom classroom. PE and Recess will be outside (weather permitting).
- DISTRICT TECHNOLOGY HOTLINE FOR PARENTS: 352-867-2100
- Some assignments this year will be completed on a variety of websites, most of which are accessible through your child's portal. Examples of websites we will be using are: Microsoft Teams, iReady, MYON, Studies Weekly, STEMScopes, Reflex Math, Read Works, etc...
- We are going to begin teaching students how to log in and use these various websites, so that in case they are absent for an extended period of time, or if we have another interruption in the school year, your child will be able to stay caught up with assignments.
- Your child should already know their Portal username and password, but we will confirm this during the first week of school.
- Our Guidance Counselor, Mrs. Savage, has posted some fun, optional activities and resources for families on her web page. Mrs. Savage's Web Page
- Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc...). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child's identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed for your device.
We know this has been a stressful time for many of our families, and we want you to know that we're here for you and your family during this time. If a need arises in your home and you need assistance or resources from our Guidance Department, please contact our Guidance Counselor Alyson Savage at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school and ask to speak to administration at 352-465-6710.