ACE Strategy =Answer |Cite | Expand
What is ACE?
ACE is a strategy for Demonstrating Learning with Short Answer, Extended Response Items. The ACE strategy helps students ‘show they know or can do’ the learning standards as evidenced in a brief, constructed response.
Explaining why this information is important or significant: “This means... In other words.... I know this because....”
What actually is the ACE STRATEGY?
Answer the question
- a) Make sure that you completely answer the question.
- b) Use key words from the question in your responses.
Cite evidence from the text to support your answer:
- a) Cite evidence from the readings, graphs or illustrations to support, prove or explain.
Expand; extend; explain your answer:
- a) Extend your response by explaining the connection between the
information that you cited and the answer.
- b) Make it clear that you know the answer because of the evidence
Your answer should contain 4-7 sentences and at least two pieces of evidence cited from the days activities.
Grading of Exit Slips: