FACE TO FACE COURSES:
2nd Period Adv. Language Arts 10:12 - 11:00
3rd Period Reg. Language Arts 11:04 - 11:48
6th Period Adv. Language Arts 2:10 - 2:58
- Be respectful.
- Raise your hand to be recognized.
- Follow directions the first time asked.
- Electronics must be off and in your backpack.
- Students are asked to use the restroom before/after class. Emergencies and medical issues are exceptions.
- The teacher, not the bell, will dismiss class.
- Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle with lid (sport lids are best) to school each day.
- NO GUM!!
Spiral notebook (to keep in your binder)
A book that you are reading
TEXTBOOK: Florida Collections 7 Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (available online in your student portal)
WORKBOOK: Close Reader 7 Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
READING REQUIREMENTS FOR ADV. LANGUAGE ARTS COURSES (REG. CLASSES ARE ENCOURAGED TO FOLLOW THIS REQUIREMENTS)
* Students are required to engage in daily independent reading for 20 - 30 minutes.
* The i-Ready Diagnostic Test at the beginning of the school year will provide students reading levels and goals.
* Students will be required to select a book from the library at school or community, at an appropriate reading level, each nine weeks.
* Weekly homework will consist of writing a one or two paragraph summary that will focus on a particular literary element.
* There are specific due dates for independent reading-related assignments for the duration of the school year. (subject to change)
(Additional information for this assignment can be found on the teacher website/a copy will be provided for students to keep in their binder)
School number: (352) 465 - 6720 Ext. 55250 (During school hours)
Google Voice: (352) 462 - 3984 (You can text or call this number)
Microsoft Teams: Students can utilize the chat and post features to contact me when they are away from class, or possibly during class if we are using the Microsoft Teams program for a particular task. There is a voice call feature, as well, which students can use to leave a voicemail after hours if I do not answer.
DISCLAIMER: Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.