1st Period Language Arts 9:20 - 10:08
5th Period Language Arts 1:18 - 2:06
7th Period Language Arts 3:02 - 3:50
EXPECTATIONS FOR ONLINE STUDENTS:
- Find a quiet place free of distractions (TV, parents, toys, electronics, pets, siblings, etc.)
- It is important to keep from distracting other students with outside stuff. (food, music, environment, toys, pets, etc.)
- Show up on time for class and wait to be admitted from the lobby to class.
- Make sure you are dressed appropriate for school when you join the virtual classroom.
- Be respectful at all times when your video is on. This means – no inappropriate language, hand gestures or facial expressions.
- Stay on mute. Click the raise hand button if you have a question or something to share.
- Stay on task and focused so you do not miss anything the speaker says.
- It may be necessary for students to use the restroom during class; you will need to get permission to leave the virtual classroom. This is the same policy as the face-to-face classroom.
Spiral notebook (to keep in your binder)
A book that you are reading
TEXTBOOK: Florida Collections 7 Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (available online in your student portal)
WORKBOOK: Close Reader 7 Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
ONLINE COURSE LEARNING:
We will be using Microsoft Teams for our online learning (information on how to use Microsoft Teams has been posted). Make sure to follow online classroom expectations, follow your daily schedule and be an active participant. Attendance will be taken daily.
READING REQUIREMENTS FOR ADV. LANGUAGE ARTS COURSES (REG. CLASSES ARE ENCOURAGED TO FOLLOW THIS REQUIREMENTS)
* Students are required to engage in daily independent reading for 20 - 30 minutes.
* The i-Ready Diagnostic Test at the beginning of the school year will provide students reading levels and goals.
* Students will be required to select a book from the library at school or community, at an appropriate reading level, each nine weeks.
* Weekly homework will consist of writing a one or two paragraph summary that will focus on a particular literary element.
* There are specific due dates for independent reading-related assignments for the duration of the school year. (subject to change)
(Additional information for this assignment can be found on the teacher website/a copy will be provided for students to keep in their binder)
School number: (352) 465 - 6720 Ext. 55250 (During school hours)
Google Voice: (352) 462 - 3984 (You can text or call this number)
Microsoft Teams: Students can utilize the chat and post features to contact me when they are away from class, or possibly during class if we are using the Microsoft Teams program for a particular task. There is a voice call feature, as well, which students can use to leave a voicemail after hours if I do not answer.
DISCLAIMER: Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.