- Overview: Algebra 2 provides in-depth study of geometry emphasizing the use of formal language of mathematics and real world applications
- Content: writing, solving, and graphing equations and inequalities, polynomials, functions, exponential, logarithmic, rational functions, and sequences and series.
- Instructional methods: lecture, discovery, and group work (please review the next day’s lesson in the “notebook” as listed on the lesson schedule (assignment sheet) before coming to class for participation)
- Goals: critical reading, analytical thinking, creative synthesis and problem solving, and attention to detail regarding all Algebra 1 topics
- Objective: preparation for college options as well as correct placement in the math course for which you are best suited next year, if applicable
- Major Work: Homework, Class Participation, Class Presentation, Quizzes, Exams, and Group Tutorial Work