Course Title: IB Math: App/Int. School Website:
Instructors: Mr. Robert Geisel
(352) 671-4820 ext. 58901
This course is designed to teach the student the advanced topics of IB Math: Application and Interpretation through instruction, homework, in class work, International Assessment (IA), quizzes/tests and projects. This course will meet all the requirements for IB Mathematics SL.
- Beginning Assignment: Students are expected to complete daily warm up assignments.
- Homework is a Requirement! Homework quiz each week. One homework assignment will be collected each week at random. NO makeup will be given on this assignment unless you were absence. Homework will be listed on my board as well as Microsoft Teams.
- Classroom Assignments: A list of weekly assignments will be posted on the board in my room. Assignments are due the day we go over it. . If you were here for the assignment and didn’t turn it in on time, you can turn it in for half credit the next day. After that the assignment will be a “0”.
- If you have been absence, it is your responsibility to turn in missed work. Students will be given 1 day to make up work for everyday of excused absences.
- Tests and Quizzes: Tests/Quizzes will be announced in advance. Make up tests and quizzes must be made up before or after school. Arrangements must be made as soon as possible after absence (1 day for every excused absence).
- International Assessment (IA): All students will complete one international assessment for this course. Due dates and instruction for this assignment will be on going and announced throughout the year. This assignment will be worth one test grade.
- Be on time to class.
- Follow directions the first time given.
- Be kind to classmates. (Respect yourself and others!)
- Bring materials to class.
- No food or drink! (bottled water is allowed)
- Use of laptops permitted when given permission from the instructor and only on approved websites. NO CELL PHONES VISIBLE IN THE CLASSROOM
- Graphing Calculator (Ti-84 plus) - Required
- Graph paper and Notebook paper
Tutoring: Tutoring will be available on Wednesday afternoon until 4:30 (except early release days) and/or TBA closer to the exams.
Grading Scale: Grade Breakdown:
A = 90 – 100 10% Homework
B = 80 – 89 40% Classwork/Quizzes
C = 70 – 79 50% Tests/Projects
D = 60 – 69
F = 0 – 59
Assignments Given in Advance: Throughout the year, assignments/take home tests/projects will be given with a “due date”. Students must turn this assignment in on time regardless of being absent on the “due date”. It is the student’s responsibility to turn in these assignments on time.
Attendance/Tardy/Discipline and Dress Code: My classroom will be following the MCPS requirements for attendance/tardy/discipline and dress code. Please refer to the MCPS (marion.k12.fl.us) webpage for these rules/requirements.
Grading: Student/parent portal is available 24/7. Students and Parents are expected to be aware of their current grade at all times. I will do my best to keep this updated each week for you. During testing, electronic equipment (i.e Ti-84 plus, computers etc.) will be limited to certain parts of each test according to teacher’s directions.
I look forward to a great and successful year,
Please sign below to confirm that you have read this syllabus. Place the syllabus in the front of the note section of your binder.
Student’s signature Parent/Guardian’s signature