Work Place Essentials
Work Place Essentials is an course for students wanting to explore college and career options for after graduation.
We will research our strengths, research options, create a resume or college essay and figure out a "life" plan.
- Describe the human relations skills necessary for success in the workforce.
- Identify the communication skills necessary for successful employment.
- Identify the mathematical skills necessary for successful employment.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills related to mathematics.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills related to science.
- Demonstrate the leadership and teamwork skills needed to accomplish team goals and objectives.
- Use oral and written communication skills to create, express, and interpret information and ideas.
- Describe the duties and responsibilities of a successful employee.
- Explain the importance of employability and entrepreneurship skills.
- Use information technology tools.
- Demonstrate the importance of health, safety, and environmental management systems in organizations and identify the relationship of these systems to organizational performance and regulatory compliance.
- Describe the roles within teams, work units, departments, organizations, inter-organizational systems, and the larger environment.
- Describe the importance of professional ethics and legal responsibilities.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills related to language arts.
- Solve problem using critical thinking skills, creativity, and innovation.
- Demonstrate money-management concepts, procedures, and strategies.