June Training Guidelines A & B
- attempt to run five days per week of atleast 15 minutes X 3, 30 minutes X 1, and 45 minutes X 1 by the end of July 15th as a minimum. "A" group : Add 10 minutes per run if you have tendency to get injured. Add 20 minutes per run if your in "A" group and "CAN. " A group also adds an addition pure speed or hill sprints day as the sixth running day per week.
- log all of the minutes run each workouts.
- estimate the mile pace and log it also.
- "A" group run at least two time trials of by July 15th ( see below). Log the distance, time, and splits of the time trials.
- attempt to run most of your mileage on soft surfaces
- maintain a consistent lower body strength training routine least twice per week but no more than every other day.
- maintain the same routine for core work and upper body training.
- consistently stretch and use a foam roller.
- run grass striders at the end of runs 2-3 times per week.
- work on technique drills range of motion drills least every other day.
Time trials are 3200m. Time goals listed keep you on track
16:45 November group: If you can't run 11:00 by August 10th. 16:45 for 5K is not a possibility. 11:00 3200m pace 17:11 track 5000m pace.
Monday June 29th: 11:45
July 13th: 11:30
July 27th: 11:15
August 10th: 11:00
17:45 November group: If you can't run 11:30 by August 10th, 17:45 for 5K is not a possibility. 11:30 3200m pace is 17:57 track 5000m pace.
Monday June 29th: 12:15 (1:32 per lap)
July 13th: 12:00
July 27th: 11:45
August 10th: 11:30
21:00 November group: If you can't run 13:30 by August 10th, 21:00 for 5K is not a possibility. 13:30 3200m pace is 21:06 track 5000m pace.
Monday June 29th: 14:15 (1:47 per lap)
July 13th: 14:00
July 27th: 13:45
August 10th: 13:30