Weekly Expectations (in addition to weekly assignments):
- 45 minutes iReady Reading with 2 passed lessons
- 45 minutes iReady Math with 2 passed lessons
- 20 minutes of reading per day- MyOn, student Reader, or books from home
Please read the next 5 stories in your reader (you may want to do 1 per day as your 20 min of reading). THey are: "Ants", "The Band", "The Yard Sale", "The Storm", and "Dark Clouds and WInd". This week's new phonics skill is /n/ spelled "kn". Start looking for this spelling in your stories.
1. Answer the comprehension questions for "Ants" either in your journal or by printing. Make sure your answers are in complete sentences. Send me a picture.
2. Reread the story "The Band" several times until you can do so fluently. Have someone take a 1 minute timed reading on this story. Send me your CWPM (correct words per minute).
3. Read the words below. Write 3 good first grade sentences using at least one of these words in each. Send me a picture. *
Remember the following:
- Each sentence should begin with a different word.
- Make sure each starts with a capital and ends with punctuation.
- Don't forget neat handwriting and good finger spacing.
- Each sentence should be at least 6 words long.
bounce twice knock dance chance knife kneel voice house knob
Math: MAFS.1.MD.1.a – Understand how to use a ruler to measure length to the nearest inch.
1. Go to Brain Pop Jr. brainpop jr
user name: ocala ; password: springs
Click on the Math tab, then MEASUREMENT, then Inches and Feet. Watch the video and take the easy and hard quizes. Send a picture of one of your scores.
2. Complete the following measuring worksheets.
3. Kickstart #31 *
Complete either by writing your answers on notebook paper or by printing.
Through the portal, go to Studies Weekly. Read the article, answer the questions to earn your coins, and complete the test for Week 30: Money and Trade. *
Science: SC.1.E.5.4: Identify the beneficial and harmful properties of the Sun
This week we are learning about the sun and how it helps us, but also how it can be harmful to us.
Click the link below and follow along with the tutorial answering the questions as you go.
Go to Stemscopes through your portal and take the Multiple Choice Quiz on the Sun.*
* A grade will be entered for any assignment marked with an asterisk.