Florida Department of Education/Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services (BEESS) Portal for Professional Development Alternatives (PDA)
Professional Development Alternatives (PDA) Online Courses offer professional development that is designed to assist educators with responding to instructional and behavioral needs of each student to maximize achievement for all students.
Beginning July 1, 2014, any applicant requesting renewal or reinstatement of a Florida professional certificate must earn at least one (1) semester hour of college credit or the equivalent 20 in-service points of training in the instruction of students with disabilities (SWD).
The Exception Student Education (ESE) Department has approved specific, independent study courses to contribute towards the SWD renewal requirement. Please note, you may not register for the same course more than once during the certificate validity period. Upon completion of the course, email the completion certificate to Tracy Voigt to add the in-service points to your transcript.
CPALMS Self-paced Training
In order to receive in-service points for CPALMS self-paced training, participants must complete the following:
- Complete the online portion of the course;
- Achieve a passing score of at least 80% on the final assessment; and
- Submit a copy of your action plan follow-up assignment and completion certificate to Tracy Voigt.
The Exceptional Student Education (ESE) Department has approved the following courses to contribute towards the SWD renewal requirement:
- Access Points for Health Education (10 in-service points)
- Access Points for Physical Education (for PE) (10 in-service points)
- Access Points for Physical Education (for ESE) (10 in-service points)
- Accommodations Overview (10 in-service points)
- Grading: Fair Practices for Students with Disabilities (5 in-service points)