Distance Learning Info and Procedures
- Biology students will meet every Monday and Wednesday. The time of the meeting depends on which class you are in. First and third period will meet at 11am. Second and fourth period will meet at 11:30am. I will post the Zoom link 30 minutes prior to the meeting. Students will be admitted 15 minutes before the meeting. Students will have a 5 min grace period before the meeting starts. You are responsible for attending the meeting on time.
- Marine Science students will also meet every Monday and Wednesday. These students will meet at 12:30pm. I will post the Zoom link 30 minutes prior to the meeting. Students will be admitted 15 minutes before the meeting. Students will have a 5 min grace period after the meeting starts to enter. You are responsible for attending the meeting on time.
- Furthermore, students are to adhere to the Marion County Public School Code of Student Conduct. A virtual classroom is still a classroom. If students violate this code of conduct, they stand to receive consequence for such actions. Just be smart kids.
- These are not mandatory meetings and you will not be penalized for missing the meetings. However, students will benefit from having direct contact with their instructor. We will be going over lessons, assignments, and any questions you might have.
- You are responsible for keeping up with your work. I will post assignments on remind, Google classroom, and my webpage. If you have questions in between Zoom meetings I am available to email and set up individual Zoom meetings for anyone needing extra help.
- Students will have up to 3 assignments per week. Each assignment will be due 7 days after it is posted. If a student does not turn in the work by the Friday after the assignment is due, the assignment will be entered as a 55% and will remain an F until the student submits the assignment.
- Students are to submit their assignments to Google Classroom. I will accept work from a students remind or email however please keep in mind that the work might get lost due to how many times I am contacted each day.
- Students are expected to submit work that is properly labeled and well written. You are all high school students capable of submitting appropriately formatted work. Points will be lost for sloppiness, grammar and spelling errors, and missing labels.
- Every student has access to an e text. Students can find this by going to their MCPS portal, clicking on the e-textbook table, clicking their course schedule and selecting the E-textbook link for the course you are attempting to access.
- You must access it through a chrome browser and it has to be on a tablet, laptop, or desktop. It is not compatible with phones.
- If you have trouble accessing the textbook, send me an e-mail and I will attempt to have it fixed.
- An alternative to accessing the online text is to view the images of the textbook I have on Google Classroom and on my webpage. These images are clear and easy to view. They allow students to read and complete their work without having accessing issues. Therefore, no student can claim that they are unable to complete their work due to e-text issues.