CHECK THIS OUT! Adventure Awaits!
Play Soil Games
Types Of Writing:
1. Expository (Informative) - is when you explain or inform
Example: You may be asked to write an essay to inform
your reader about the solar system.
2. Narrative - is when you tell a story
Example: You may be asked to write a story about a time
you won something.
3. Opinion - is when you tell how you feel or what you think
Example: You may be asked to give your opinion about a character in a story.
Short Vowel Songs
Syllable Lesson Games
Vocabulary and Spelling Games: Hangmouse -Big Cat Games
Letter Fall - Big Cat Games
Compound Words Games
Color Pattern Games
Number Pattern Games
Telling Time Games
Skip Count Games
Missing Addends Game
Suggested MyOn Reading
1. Ellis Island - by: Lori Mortense
2. The Statue of Liberty - by Mary Firestone
3. Angel Island - by: Lori Mortensen
4. Here I am - by Patti Kim
5. In the Shadow of Lady Liberty: immigrant Stories from Ellis Island -
by: Danny Ktavitz
6. Journey to America: A Chronology of immigration in the 1900s -
by: Danny Kravitz
7. Life in America: Comparing Immigrant Experiences - by: Brynn Baker
8. Emma's New Beginning - By: Jessica Gunderson
9. The Civil Rights Act of 1964: A Primary Source Exploration of the landmark
legislation - Heather Schwartz
10.Voices of the Civil Rights Movement: A Primary Source
Exploration of the Struggle for Racial Equality - Lori Mortensen
11. School in the Civil Rights Movement - Rachel Kestler-Grack
12. Elizabeth Cady Stanton: Women's Rights Pioneer - Connie Colwell Miller
13. The Bill of RIghts in Translation: What It Really Means - Amie Jane Levitt
14. The Fourth Amendment: Civil Liberties - John Michols Jr.
15. The Tenth Amendment: States' Rights - Elizabeth Raum
16. The First Amendment: Freedom of Speech and Religion - John Michols Jr.
1. Rock - by Abby Colich
2. Rock On! Rocks - by: Chris Oxlade
3. Learning About Rocks - by: Mari Schuh
4. Rock On! Soil - by: Chris Oxlade
5. Soil Basics - by: Mari Schuh
6. Dirt: The Scoop on Soil - by Natalie M. Rosinsky
Lions and Tigers, and graphs! Oh My! by Jennifer Besel
Bar Graphs by Vigiya Bodach
Tally Charts by Vigiya Bodach
Analyzing Doggie Data by Marcie Avoff
Please don't forget to visit our content specilaists' websites with vast resources!
Content Area Specialist: Math and Science
Dr. Attenhofer's website https://www.marionschools.net/Page/81459
Content Area specialist: Social Studies and ELA
Mrs. Maldonado's website https://www.marionschools.net/Domain/22378