How To access your Khan Academy Classroom
Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
From now on your upcoming assignments and activities through September 9 will be given using the Khan Academy Platform. There are also some videos uploaded to review the skills again before you do your homewrok/assignment.
To access your Khan Academy Classroom, follow these steps:
- Log into your Marion County Student Desktop
- From the menu at the bottom of the student desktop, locate the word “Programs” tab and click on it.
- After clicking on the “programs” tab, find the icon titled “Khan Academy CLEVER"
- Click on the “Khan Academy CLEVER" icon
- When asked if you have an account, if you don’t already have one choose “NO. I need to create an account”.
- Use your same STUDENT EMAIL and PASSWORD that you logged into the student desktop with to register.
- When you log into Khan Academy, look at the menu on the LEFT side. Click on TEACHERS.
- Look for the box under the phrase “JOIN A CLASS”.
- Enter the code for your class. (The codes for each class are below.) Then click the “Join the class” button.
1st Period: SRW39MNY
2nd Period: UMKUVH7C
3rd Period: R4BYRGF8
4th Period: W9DK4DG8
5th Period: 4E2UU68Z
6th Period: H4M3HP6J
After you follow the steps above, you will eventually receive a notification (It shows up by your name at the top right of the page.) You should then start receiving assignments soon if you followed the steps correctly. Also, an "assignments" tab will show up on the left side of the page and have the name of your class above it. If you don't see the assignments right away, it might be because I have to update the rosters. Log out of Khan Academy and check back later on in the day.
Please do NOT do these:
- Do not Google Khan Academy – use your MCPS-Student desk-top and click on the Khan Academy tile placed in your portal
- Enter the code for your class / period. Then click the “Join the class” button (Do NOT join by searching the teacher's name).
- Please do not sig-in by using nick names. Sign in by first and last name. (Example: If your name is Jane P. Lopez sign in as "Jane Lopez" to earn full credit. If you sign in with short names or nick names like just "Jane" or "Jane663" not only you will not earn full credit but also your work not be counted.
If you sign-in without using the code, you will not see the assigned work. If you sign-in correctly you will see your next assignment on the top right hand side corner next to your name!
If you recently signed up for Khan Academy (In the past day or so), you might not see the assignment at first. Wait a bit and then log back in later. Khan Academy may need to be updated. I am checking student progress often and I update the rosters each time a student registers.
Mrs. TURKOGLU GOMEZ (Mrs. T. GOMEZ)
Liberty Middle School
8th Grade Math