How To access your Khan Academy Classroom
Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
From now on your upcoming assignments and activities through May 1 will be given using the Khan Academy Platform. There are also some Power Points and other helpful links in the "Distance Learning" folder for your class. They are in the folder for each assignment.
To access your Khan Academy Classroom, follow these steps:
- Log into your Marion County Student Desktop
- From the menu at the bottom of the student desktop, locate the word “Programs” tab and click on it.
- After clicking on the “programs” tab, find the icon titled “Khan Academy CLEVER"
- Click on the “Khan Academy CLEVER" icon
- When asked if you have an account, if you don’t already have one choose “NO. I need to create an account”.
- Use your same STUDENT EMAIL and PASSWORD that you logged into the student desktop with to register.
- When you log into Khan Academy, look at the menu on the LEFT side. Click on TEACHERS.
- Look for the box under the phrase “JOIN A CLASS”.
- Enter the code for your class. (The codes for each class are below.) Then click the “Join the class” button.
1st Period: N697T7XN
2nd Period: Z5VZ9JDG
3rd Period: P26DGSXD
4th Period: 8TMUJRPE
5th Period: 9N7RRKPD
6th Period: TM25H328
After you follow the steps above, you will eventually receive a notification (It shows up by your name at the top right of the page.) You should then start receiving assignments soon if you followed the steps correctly. Also, an "assignments" tab will show up on the left side of the page and have the name of your class above it. If you don't see the assignments right away, it might be because I have to update the rosters. Log out of Khan Academy and check back later on in the day.
TO EARN FULL CREDIT FOR AN ASSIGNMENT, YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL OF THE VIDEOS (has to be watched from the begining to end) AND THE PRACTICE!
1 grade will be given for completion of each instructional video. (Khan Academy tracks your individual progress and will show me if you completed the video. To earn credit, you must watch it completely, from beginning to end, without skipping anything.)
This is how your score will be entered to the grade book:
Exm: You watched it & earned 100%
Exm: You copleted the practice & arned 60%
Half of the video grade 50%
Half of the practice grade 30%
Your final grade will be 50 + 30 = 80%
Skyward grade book entry will be 80%
If you recently signed up for Khan Academy (In the past day or so), you might not see the assignment at first. Wait a bit and then log back in later. Khan Academy may need to be updated. I am checking student progress often and I update the rosters each time a student registers.
Mrs. TURKOGLU GOMEZ (Mrs. T. GOMEZ)
Liberty Middle School
8th Grade Math