Assignments for the Week of 5/25
1. Complete your I-Ready Reading minutes for the week (45 minutes). Remember, there will be a drawing during the June 1st Zoom meeting for students who complete this assignment. Your name will go in again for each passed lesson. There will also be a drawing on June 1st for completed minutes and passed lessons for the week of 5/18. Prizes will be mailed. I will send the Zoom invitation next week.
2. You have music this week. Here is Mrs. Schmittling's link: https://www.marionschools.net/Domain/13255
3. Clean your room and read a book. I will see you Wednesday at 11:15!!
Assignments for the Week of 5/18-5/22 Due Friday, 5/22
This is the final week of graded assignments from me. They are due Friday, the 22nd, due to the Memorial Day Holiday on Monday, the 25th. Please complete these assignments, and check your grades to make sure you are not missing anything.
1. Go to Readworks.org and complete your 2 assigned articles.
2. Go to Brainpop and watch your assigned movie and take the quiz
3. Don't forget your 46 minutes of I-Ready for Reading and Math this week
4. You have Art this week. Here is a link to Mrs. Roche's site: https://www.marionschools.net/Domain/13253
Assignments for the Week of 5/11-5/15 Due 5/18
1. Go to SS Weekly on your portal, and read the articles for Week 29 (we are skipping 28). When you have read the articles, take the test. This is the green tab on the opening page in the Week 29 box. Open a new tab and log in again so you can switch between the articles tab and the test tab, that way you can look back for answers.
2. Brainpop- Log in to Brainpop.com and go to the Dashboard. You have two assignments from me there.
3. You have PE this week. Here is Coach Hunt's link. https://www.marionschools.net/Domain/13234
Assignments for the week of 5/4-5/8 Due 5/11
1. Go to Readworks.org and complete your 2 assigned articles. There is an option to have text read to you.
2. Brainpop- Log in to Brainpop.com and go to Dashboard. Your assignment is already loaded.
3. Don't forget your I-Ready minutes for Reading and Math.
4. Check out my Read Alouds- Danny Champion of the World is getting good! Select the tab that says "Mrs. Jones Reads Aloud."
5. You have Music this week. Here is Mrs. Schmittling's link. https://www.marionschools.net/Domain/13255
Assignments for the Weekof 4/27-5/1 Due 5/4
1. Social Studies Weekly Number 27- Early Westward Expansion and Explorers (on your desktop portal).
Read the articles carefully and take the test. You do not have to answer the questions at the bottom of the articles. When you are finished reading, click the blue tab to take the test. You may look back for answers. If it says "test not available" make sure you have selected Jones as your teacher.
2. Brainpop: Go to your Brainpop dashboard to see your loaded assignments.
a. Roald Dahl movie and worksheet (he is the author of Danny Champion of the World). You do not have to take the quiz.
b. There, They're and Their assignment- movie and worksheet. You do not have to take the quiz.
Assignments for the Week of 4/20-4/24 Due 4/27
1. Go to Readworks.org and complete the 2 assigned articles. There is an option to have the text read to you, feel free to use it.
a. Student Log in Class Code Jones-SVWJC5 Class Code Shackles- ST3N5W
2. Brainpop video and quiz on Possessives
a. Go to Brainpop.com
b. User ID- first name.first intitial of last name (example caren.j) If it doesn't work, try a 1 after it. (caren.j1)
c. Password- Student ID
d. Go to Dashboard for assignments.
3. Don't forget your I-Ready Minutes! (46 in each Reading and Math).