Announcements: (Note; scroll to the buttom of a section to click on "Download the Document" if you want to print or see it on a new screen.
Monday Morning Parent News:
Distance Learning Packet: Week 9, May 26 - June 1
(Note if the packet screen is white and not downloading please scroll down to click on "Download Document")
Distance Learning Packet: Week 7 & Week 8 May 11 to May 22, 2020
Distance Learning Packet: Week 6 May 4 to May 8, 2020
Distance Learning Packet: Week 5 April 27 to May 1, 2020
Distance Learning Packet: Week 4 April 20 to April 24, 2020
Distance Learning Packets: Week 2, Week 3
Distance Learning Packets pick up time
Student-Family Mental Wellness Support
Monday Morming News:
Today is a terrifice Tuesday, and the last week of our school year together.
1. Mrs. Erickson and Ms. Florence have put together a graduation packet together and have asked for each student's parent to send in an updated mailing address so the packet can be mailed out.
2. Please turn in all the work your child has completed with pictures as this is the final week before grading is completed on Friday.
3. Honk and Wave:: So Happy to see you all again!!!
JUNE 1st: MONDAY
It is a wonderful Monday Morning as we here at Stanton - Weisdale Elementary celebrate and finish this year with you !!!!
The next 2 weeks are filled with the following events:
1. Students belongings can be picked up at school.
2. 5th Grade Recognition Drive Thru.
3. Honk and Wave-June 1st-The last day of school.
Oh what a beautiful Monday Morning. Oh what a beautiful day. I hope all you mothers, and grandmothers and care givers enjoy a special moment on Morther's Day yesterday.
All currently-enrolled Marion Afterschool Program (MAP) students will automatically be pre-registered for the 2020-2021 school year.
Participating families will be contacted by site managers next week to confirm enrollment and placement.
Next year’s $30 registration fee is due July 1, 2020 to secure each child’s spot, and invoices will be emailed starting May 25.
New MAP students in pre-kindergarten and kindergarten may tentatively register July 14-15 at Marion Technical College, 7:30AM-6PM.
A $30 registration fee applies. Finally, open enrollment for elementary and middle school MAP students will tentatively be held July 21-22 at MTC, 7:30AM-6PM with a $30 applicable registration fee.
Monday Morning News: Week 7 May 11 - 15, 2020
Important upcoming calendar dates:
· May 18 – student enrollment for the next school year begins by appointment only. Students can also start retrieving items from their classrooms by appointment only. Ms Brodie will have more instruction on this later this week and we will keep you updated.
· May 26 – last day for seniors
· June 1 – last day for students. The school year was extended to make up days missed due to COVID-19. This extension meets state requirements for 900 hours of instruction annually.
· June 3 – Chromebook and textbook returns begin. More details on these plans are forthcoming.
· June 8 – last day for teachers
· Summer school for elementary students runs Monday – Thursday, June 15 – July 9, and June 15 – July 23 for secondary students. Students typically attend by invitation only based on academic progress. Extended School Year (ESY) will also be offered on a virtual basis to students with exceptional needs. Summertime driver’s education classes have been cancelled because safe social distancing is not possible. More details on summer school programs will be announced in coming weeks.
It is a wonderful week #6 May 4th to May 8th, 2020
Dear Parents, and Grandparents:
I am so proud and grateful for each of you taking on
the role of being with your children as they have needed you to help them
learn and complete their work assignments. We have just pasted the
mid- point of this 4th quarter. Thank you from the depths of
my heart <3 !!! Bless you all as you continue to live life, new
and renew each and every day with strenght, joy, determination
and trust in each other!
Here, below is a message from the district with some important dates.
- Important upcoming calendar dates:
- May 18 – student enrollment for the next school year begins by appointment only. Students can also start retrieving items from their classrooms by appointment only.
- May 26 – last day for seniors
- June 1 – last day for students. The school year was extended to make up days missed due to COVID-19. This extension meets state requirements for 900 hours of instruction annually.
- June 3 – Chromebook and textbook returns begin. More details on these plans are forthcoming.
- June 8 – last day for teachers
- “Parking Lot Wi-Fi” continues free of charge, Monday-Friday, 9AM-7PM, at these schools: Belleview Middle, Dunnellon High, Forest High, Fort McCoy School, Horizon Academy at Marion Oaks, Lake Weir Middle, North Marion High, North Marion Middle, Vanguard High, and West Port High. Users simply drive into the parking lot, log in, and access learning materials online. This service is provided through a partnership with the City of Ocala and its fiber network operation.
Video CKLA Knowlege: Week 7 and Week 8
Domain 10: Colonial Towns & Townspeople Lesson 8: The Blacksmith
Domain 10: Colonial Towns & Townspeople Lesson 7: the House Builders: Bricklayers, Masons, & Carpent
Domain 10: Colonial Towns & Townspeople Lesson 6: The Elves & the Shoemaker
Week 6 CKLA knowledge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLVjwU7M5YU (Control key press down and Right Click at the same time. )
Domain 10: Colonial Towns & Townspeople Lesson 5: Dressmakers, Tailors, Hatters, & Cobblers
Week 5 CKLA Knowledge
Student-Family Mental Wellness Support
Sanford Harmony is a social-emotional curriculum we use in class. Click on the District Link below for a choice of 1 lesson per week. (Or more if you feel these lesson would be helpful. Enjoy!)
MCPS Mental Health Resources
Resources and Links provided by MCPS Mental Health Team.
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.