The fourth grade team of teachers thought that it would be helpful for you to see all the requirements listed in one place as you guide your child through Distance Learning. These expectations are the minimum requirements from Marion County Schools for your child to complete in order to stay on grade level. Parents are to scan or take a picture of completed assignments and email them to the teacher responsible for teaching that subject. One grade per subject per week will be recorded in Skyward.
Please take time to read and discuss this page with your child as soon as possible. We want everyone to understand what is expected of our students as we embark on this journey together. As always, if you have any questions, we are here for you. Feel free to email or call your child’s teacher.
The Emerald Shores Fourth Grade Teacher Team
Weekly Instructional Expectations
- 45 minutes of iReady Reading online instruction
- Twenty minutes of daily reading should be done independently or with families – upon completion of the reading, the student should write a 3 sentence summary of what was read each day, Monday through Thursday
- 3 assignments for ELA (Reading/Writing)
- 45 minutes of iReady Math online instruction
- 3 assignments for math
- 1 assignment for science
- 1 assignment for social studies
PE, Art, and Music will be offered on a rotation schedule.
- 1 assignment per week from one designated area