As we get started with this process, I would like to setup some guidelines for us to follow:
- I will be holding “office hours” Monday through Friday at 10:00 – 11:00 AM and 1:30 – 2:30 PM. During these times, you can reach me by phone at (352) 897-0023 or by email at Joel.Kunz@marion.k12.fl.us. I will do my best to answer all concerns and issues at that time. If I get flooded with concerns, I will do my best to respond to you as quickly as possible. Please, keep your questions to academic issues; I love to have conversations with you, but with the number of students we need to stay on task with academics.
- All assignments need to be turned in through the Google Classrooms that have been established for each class period. This is the only way I will be able to keep things organized. Google Classroom will become the electronic the new black tray – just like in the classroom.
- Please, please, please – put your heading on every assignment you turn in:
Name of assignment
- Some of you have turned this first assignment in using different methods, which is fine, but from this point forward, I need you to utilize Google Classroom. – Thank you!
- I need you to download and familiarize yourself with Zoom. I will be holding class discussion utilizing Zoom. I have provided a link for a video for you to learn about Zoom. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7xXZxRDFUU
- Your first assignments will be posted on Monday Apr. 6. Depending on the assignment, you will have 5 to 7 days to complete.
- American History and World History will be using electronic textbook that can be found on MCPS portal. Please make sure you can access your textbooks. For Civics, I will be providing pdf for textbook; these will be available from my teacher website.
- I will also be providing links to other educational websites for you to do readings – more information about that later.
- You all know – I do not like to assign questions from the textbook and just simply have you answer. I would like to give you more freedom to show your knowledge of the subject; therefore, we need to work together and find creative ways to accomplish this. I am open to suggestions, but we need to maintain academic rigor.