Science Standard: SC.2.E.6.2 sc.3.L.15.1classification:
SC.2.E.6.2 Describe how small pieces of rock and dead plant and animal parts can be the basis of soil and explain the process by which soil is formed.
What’s the Dirt on Dirt? By SciShow Kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if29mjcd5bc
Soil Formation 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ektl7eMLDMA
Soil Formation 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7pmsCL6Ytc
Rae’s Weathering and Erosion Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2qm7Ott6pI
3D animation video on how soil is formed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx8r3o2gsLk
Choice of ways to get your answers to your teacher:
1. The student can write the sentences on paper and have the parent take a picture of it and send it in the email to the teacher. Be sure to put your name on your paper!
2. The student can write the sentences on paper and have the parent type the sentences in the email.
3. The student can type the sentences in a document and have the parent attach the document to the email.
4. The student or parent can type the answers the student gives directly into an email to the teacher.
5. Accommodation for students who cannot write: The parent can type the sentences the student says into the email to the teacher.