Although I miss you guys in my classroom, I'm SUPER excited to be able to connect with you all via online!
I will be available from 8:00AM-2:00PM via email: Joshua.Evans@marion.k12.fl.us
(NOTE: Please allow for a 24-hour response time to all emails)
(PS: Don't worry; we're still going to learn & still have plenty of awesome puns. I miss you guys!)
1. Last Assignment
Your last "assignment" has been posted. It is 10 questions that ask for your input and feedback. Please have this completed by Wednesday the 27th morning. (Questions 1-5 will be a grade and Questions 6-10 will be entered as another grade).
2. Yearbooks & pickup days and times
Last names A-L: June 3rd, 12:30-2:00 (Wednesday)
Last names M-Z: June 4th, 12:30-2:00 (Thursday)
3. 8th Graders ONLY
June 4th, (Thursday) 8:15PM-9:30PM
Drive through glow Party Celebration.
I am updating class grades today if you have been working completing or making up assignments. Remember that if you finish an Edulastic assignment, it does NOT automatically update in Skyward. I have to manually get the information then input it into Skyward so it takes a little time.
If you're not sure if Skyward is updated, you can email me and I don't mind double-checking; Periods 1 and 2 should be completed at this moment.
If you are missing assignments and have a D or F I will be making calls home on Tuesday to discuss your grade and assignments.
5. Final Zoom meeting
We will have our last Zoom meeting on Monday at the normal times (7th: 10AM, 8th:11AM).
This will be our chance to say our good-byes (#tear) so I hope you will be able to join live.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION discussed on our Zoom call:
1. This Friday (22nd): last day to turn in work.
2. This Wednesday (20th): last day to email me if you want to make up an assignment. Otherwise, the grade that you receive on an assignment goes in the gradebook. I suggest working and reworking assignment before then and that way you have more time to redo an assignment if needed ;)
3. Check Skyward for missing or make-up assignments
4. I've updated all assignment grades in Skyward today (Monday) and all assignments have been reopened with a due date of this Friday. You may see an assignment that is reassigned to you; it is optional if you want to make it up. That's why you need to check Skyward if it is an assignment you want to make up or complete.
5. NO finals given in your classes
6. Pick Up Schedule
Pick Up Time is from 8:00am-10:00am in the car line
Tuesday, May 19— Students whose Last Name Begins with A-H
Wednesday, May 20—Students whose Last Name Begins with I-P
Thursday, May 21— Students whose Last Name Begins with Q-Z
Band Instrument Pickup
One day only—Tuesday, May 19th from 8:00am-10:00am
Band Instruments will be picked up in the Bus Loop outside the Band Room
Ms. Koehn is sending out an email to the students and will be on the Webpage beginning Wednesday
Pick up information to come.
8. 8th Grade Celebration
MARK YOUR CALENDARS: June 4th. Details to follow.
9. Last day of School: June 1st.
As always, email me for any questions or assignments you need me to resend by WEDNESDAY.
Us teachers are cheering for you guys and miss you a lot!
Finish the year strong; this is the final lap so don't give up and don't slow down on completing assignments.
You got this ;)
- NEW UNIT (Volume) has begun.
- Volume video and assignment has been assigned. Due date: 4/24
- ZOOM: Remember, our ZOOM meetings have been held every Monday at the same time 11AM (password has been posted in google classroom. You MUST use your Marion County email to join). If you miss the ZOOM meeting, they are recorded and uploaded to the Google Classroom stream for you to view.
- Time management. Time Management. Time Management. With one week of distance learning completed, hopefully you are getting familiar with Zoom times for your subjects, when and how assignments are due, where your study spot is (desk in the kitchen, room, etc). Keep it up! If you need help, reach out to an adult (parent/guardian/teacher/school counselor) for some tips :)
- MAKE SURE YOU ARE LOGGING INTO GOOGLE CLASSROOM for important information and assignments.
UPDATE 4.9.20 (copied from Google Classroom Announcements):
IMPORTANT INFORMATION -Please read.
1. Assignments and Topics 1-3: ALL videos and assignments have been posted. For each topic, watch the video first and then the assignment. Feel free to refer to the video as you work through the assignments.
2. Assignment Grades: If you have completed an assignment, I went through all assignments and posted the score in Skyward. If you scored less than a 70%, then I reset your assignment. If you scored higher than a 70% and want to redo the assignment and get a higher school, please let me know and I will reset the assignment(s).
3. Time Management. Make sure you have a game plan on completing your assignments. Don't wait until the last minute. Remember, assignments are due Monday morning 8AM.
4. Communication. I love that many of you have emailed me or private commented me asking for help or reset assignments. That's awesome! If you need any help, please contact me with what question(s) you're getting stuck on or points of confusion.
- ZOOM meeting (every Monday at 11AM) video has been uploaded in Google Classroom as well as the powerpoint presentation. I have also uploaded the pdf format of the powerpoint.
- Topic 1 Assignment has been posted in Google Classroom.
- Check out important information in Google Classroom concerning Virtual Meeting times and information.
- Check your student email account for an invite to join your class period's google classroom.
- ZOOM Meeting
- If you could not make it to our ZOOM meeting today, I have uploaded the video and Presenation notes in Google Classroom for you to view.
- TO DO: If you have not done so yet, Please check your school email for the link to join my Google Classroom.
- NEXT ZOOM Meeting Times -RESCHEDULED for April 6
- 7th Graders: Tuesday, April 7th: 10:30
- 8th Graders: Tuesday, April 7th: 11:30
1. ZOOM. Please download/use Zoom on your phone or laptop to join my 8th Grade Zoom meetings!
(If you are unable to join, a link to the meeting will be provided afterwards).
NEXT MEETING: Thursday, April 2nd at 11:00AM
Joining In Information:
Topic: 8th Grade Zoom Meeting
Time: Apr 2, 2020 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 370 829 768
Password: 88888888 (your grade +that many times ;)
2. REVIEW your Notes on Scientific Notation from before spring break.
3. VIEW the Youtube video below to get back into Scientific Notation #BigBrain mode.
Disclaimer: Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.