Office Hours: I will be available for parent/student phone calls Monday-Friday during these times:
Contact Info: The best ways to get in touch with me are through email or DOJO messages. If you would like me to call you during my office hours, please send me a message in the morning and tell me which time would be best for you to receive a call. Email: Rachel.McDowell@marion.k12.fl.us
Packets: Packets will be available for pick-up at the school on Mondays 8:00am-2:pm and Tuesdays 8:00am-6:00pm for those families who do not have internet access in the home. Please take pictures of your student's work from the packet and send it to me through DOJO or email. In addition to the packet, please ask your student to read 20 minutes per day and keep a record of their reading to be turned in to me electronically.
Webpage: Please have your student check my webpage each morning for the assignments for that day or week. I will also be posting videos, PowerPoints, resources, and Zoom invitations/codes on my webpage. Here are the instructions for accessing my webpage:
- Go to marionschools.net
- Type Rachel McDowell in the search bar
- Click on the link for my webpage
Online Learning: The following instructions are for those students who will participate in online learning.
- Zoom Calls – Our class will interact on Zoom Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 11:00 am. Please ask your student to sign up for a Zoom account. I will send the Meeting ID and Password to parents through DOJO and email.
- IReady – Each week students need to do 45 minutes of iReady Math and 45 minutes of iReady Reading: https://www.marionschools.net/, then click the MCPS Desktop icon. Students can then enter their username and password to access their portal.
- Reading - I encourage each student to be reading every day for at least 20 minutes. Students can access MyOn on their student portal and choose from thousands of books to keep reading during this time. Like iReady, students can access their student portal through the MCPS Desktop.
- Assignments - Daily and weekly assignments will be posted on my webpage. Click on the Assignments tab and then on each individual assignment for the week. You will see the due date and instructions for that particular assignment.
Grades: It is important that students turn in assignments, as this is how I will take grades during this time of distance learning. You can do this in several ways. You can print the activity, complete it and then take a picture of it and send it to me by DOJO or by email. If you do not have a printer, you may write your answers on a blank sheet of paper, take a picture and send it by email or DOJO. Finally, you can do your word on Microsoft Word, save it and send it to me as an attachment by email.
Complete each week:
3 ELA activities
3 Math activities
i-Ready Reading - 45 minutes each week
i-Ready Math - 45 minutes each week
1 Science activity
1 Social Studies activity
Read 20 minutes each night