According to our curriculum map, we are just about to start with Three-Dimensional Geometry in unit 11, our final unit of the course!
The standards associated with this unit included:
We will be utilizing algebranation.com throughout the remainder of our course. Algebra Nation is built around the updated standards and curriculum map for Florida. It also provides excellent worksheets (the same worksheets we have been using in class) and quizzes to help in learning this material.
In following Algebra Nation's structure for unit 11's Three-Dimensional Geometry, we will visit fourteen topics:
- Geometry Nets and Three Dimensional Figures
- Cavalieri's Principle for Area
- Cavalieri's Principle for Volume
- Volume of Prisms and Cylinders
- Surface Area of Prisms and Cylinders
- Volume of Pyramids and Cones
- Surface Area of Pyramids and Cones
- Areas in Real-World Contexts
- Geometric Design
- Volume in Real-World Contexts
- Similar Shapes
- Cross Sections and Plane Rotations
The due date for this worksheet is 4/9/2020. Questions? Office hours posted with zoom id and password which will be updated ten minutes before I go live each time (twice a day for office hours). Don't forget to check in with me (through email or zoom) at least every three days so that I can count you for class attendance.
Thank you, students!