To find the most up-to-date assignments please find directions on accepting Google Classroom invites under the "Distant Learning via Google Classroom" page on my website.
When completing assignments for Common Lit through Google Classroom be sure to log in using Google, and be sure Google is utilizing your school email, (firstname.lastname@example.org) otherwise you will not be able to get in. See the picture attached below.
Also, a brief note on the scoring rubric for the extended responses for the CommonLit questions. I will be grading on a 1-4 scale (4/4 maximum points), using the following 3 metrics for evaluation:
- Purpose, Focus, Idea: Based on how well response is sustained; strength of central idea; organization; logical progression of ideas; clarity of transitions and relationships between ideas. Score 0-2 points.
- Evidence and Elaboration: Based on credibility of evidence, support, and reasonable elaboration/explanation. Score 0-1 point.
- Conventions of Standard English: Based on command of basic and essential conventions of English, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Score 0-1 point.
Additionally, I would encourage all students to keep in mind the “R.A.C.E.” format for answering questions:
- Restate the question by turning it into a statement.
- Answer all parts of the question.
- Cite examples and evidence from the text.
- Explain how your evidence supports the answer.