Hello Students and Parents!
Please be alert to phone calls from our district and our principal.
My hours will be the following: Monday - Friday 9:20- 4:00 pm
Please let me know what I can do to help you.
During this time of Distant Learning please utilize Google Classroom for assignments. You may message me there or through email. Google Classroom will provide the most up-to-date assignments for ELA. Please view the directions below to accept the invite you received from me to join our ELA Classroom. If you experience issues, please let me know!
Please view these attached documents on how to navigate Google Classroom:
Also, a brief note on the scoring rubric for the extended responses for the CommonLit questions. I will be grading on a 1-4 scale (4/4 maximum points), using the following 3 metrics for evaluation:
- Purpose, Focus, Idea: Based on how well response is sustained; strength of central idea; organization; logical progression of ideas; clarity of transitions and relationships between ideas. Score 0-2 points.
- Evidence and Elaboration: Based on credibility of evidence, support, and reasonable elaboration/explanation. Score 0-1 point.
- Conventions of Standard English: Based on command of basic and essential conventions of English, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Score 0-1 point.
Additionally, I would encourage all students to keep in mind the “R.A.C.E.” format for answering questions:
- Restate the question by turning it into a statement.
- Answer all parts of the question.
- Cite examples and evidence from the text.
- Explain how your evidence supports the answer.