US HISTORY NEWS4/20/2020I am sure most of you have heard that we will finish the school year at home. I am both disappointed and determined to make sure each and every student in US History has the opportunity to get their credit for the class. This will work if all of you do the following:
There will be some changes as we go forward as directions to teachers from the district change as decisions are made concerning the rest of the school year. You will notice on our website that some of the assignments will be labeled Honors. Those will be for periods 4 & 6. All students will be required to complete one of the weekly assignments. Please make sure you complete the appropriate one. SOME WEEKS WILL ONLY HAVE ONE ASSIGNMENT SO EVERYONE WILL COMPLETE THE SAME.As of today, My instructions are to provide 2-3 assignments per week for everyone. To make it easier for everyone I will continue to post one assignment with more than one component to meet the requirement of 2-3 assignments. PLEASE COMPLETE ALL PARTS OF EACH ASSIGNMENT (Unless we have made other arrangements).Everyone will receive one grade for each week.Some have asked if there will be a final. I am not sure and if there is I will notify you as soon as I find out.Good Luck, please stay safe!!
- CHECK OUR WEBSITE OFTEN-NOT EVERY DAY BUT 2-3 TIMES A WEEK
- AFTER COMPLETING ASSIGNMENTS AT THE END OF EACH WEEK MAKE SURE A GRADE WAS POSTED FOR THE ASSIGNMENT IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL GRADES ON THE PORTAL. NOTIFY ME BY EMAIL IF YOU THINK SOMETHING IS MISSING.
- COMMUNICATE WITH ME IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMPLETE THE WORK FOR ANY REASON.
GLOBAL PERSPECTIVES DATES 4/13/2020
As stated in earlier communications the information coming to me from Cambridge has changed multiple times. Because of this, the due dates for the research paper and PPT are we set during class are inappropriate. Everyone should realize we will have to be flexible. As of today the date for everything being due to me is 5/22. That gives me a week to grade and send evidence to Cambridge. The problem is there has been no procedure given to me as of today on what that will look like. STAY TUNED BECAUSE THE DUE DATE COULD CHANGE.
PLEASE DO NOT PROCRASTINATE. I KNOW MANY OF YOU ARE PREPARING FOR AP TEST. YOU MAY SUBMIT YOUR PAPER AT ANY TIME IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET IT OUT OF THE WAY SO YOU CAN CONCENTRATE ON OTHER CLASSES.
Welcome to US HISTORY/GLOBAL PERSPECTIVES online learning 2020. I am looking forward to an interesting and productive 4th quarter here at Forest High School!!!!.
HOPE EVERYONE IS SAFE!!!! PLEASE BE CAREFUL. ALL OF US CAN CATCH THIS VIRUS! INFORMATION ON THE REST OF THE SCHOOL YEAR IS CURRENTLY BEING WORKED ON AND WILL BE FORTHCOMING IN THE NEAR FUTURE. REMEMBER TO CHECK YOUR SCHOOL EMAIL AND MY WEBSITE FOR UPDATES. INSTRUCTIONAL ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE POSTED ON OUR WEBSITE STARTING APRIL 1ST!!!
Here are several ways for us to communicate:
1) Email-I will send out important information by email and you may contact me through my email Michael.Cotton@marion.k12.fl.us with questions. I will make every attempt to reply within 24 hours. I will be reading my email and responding Monday-Friday during normal instructional hours (8:30 am- 3:00 pm). I will also read my emails Saturday and Sunday and respond to emergencies only!
2)Remind-I will push out information on remind. If you have not signed up please do:
Remind US History- @he7f33
Global Perspectives- @43b782
3) ON-HOLD UNTIL TEACHERS ALLOWED TO RETURN TO SCHOOL! Phone contacts- During office hours you can call the school at Phone: (352) 671-4700 ext. 58586. Office hours may change weekly. I plan on being at school every Monday & Tuesday: (Subject to change based on shelter in place rules)
Office hours- Monday & Tuesday 10am-2pm. Feel free to call with questions during these hours.
4) Class assignment pages. All assignments and due dates will be posted on our website subject page. This is business as usual!
PLEASE LOOK AT YOUR COURSE ASSIGNMENT PAGE DAILY.
Hope this helps those of you who are concerned about your grades.