Guidance and Counseling
WELCOME TO THE GUIDANCE OFFICE!
Cassandra Mesnick, Guidance Counselor
My mission as your child's counselor is to assist you and his/her teachers in facilitating Wyomina Park Elementary's mission statement and goals for each and every student.
Official Records: If you need a copy of any document in your child's folder please contact Mrs. Chapman, the guidance clerk advance. Failure to contact us in advance could result in a delay of receiving records. You MUST bring a valid ID to obtain copies of your child's record. If you are transferring out of Wyomina, your child's new school MUST request those records from us.
- Help children understand themselves and others;
- Help to identify children with special needs; Click here to read the explanation of the Multi Tiered Support System
- Provide crisis intervention;
- Develop plans to prevent academic/behavioral problems from developing;
- Provide Character Education program;
- Coordinate the efforts of other professionals working for children;
- Provide orientation for children coming to Wyomina Park Elementary for the first time;
- Promote positive attitudes toward persons of diverse cultural, racial, ability, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Behavior Intervention Websites
- The Centers (352) 291-5555
- Camelot Community Care (352) 671-7884
- Arnette House (352) 622-6335
- Children’s Home Society (352) 732-1412
- Kimberly’s Cottage (352) 873-4739
- Key Life Concept (407)579-5684
- The Monarch Center (Bereavement) (352) 873-7456