- I am your MCPSonline teacher! Please access your PE Microsoft Teams through the student portal (under the Office365). Parents, here is a helpful link to help you and your child navigate the Teams platform: Microsoft Teams Parent Tutorial
- I am also teaching throughout the day at SHE, so there will be pre-recorded videos and a virtual gym lesson that you will need to complete on your PE days. The virtual lessons and fitness section is required for your PE grade. We will learn, have discussions, and turn in assignments using this platform.
- Virtual gym lesson - instructions on how to complete the skill will be located in Teams
- Fitness lesson - there is an assignment and it will walk you through as you answer questions.
MAKE SURE YOU ANSWER QUESTIONS RETURN IT TO ME WHEN ASKED, THAT IS HOW YOU WILL BE GRADED FOR PE
- If you have questions and need immediate help, don't be afraid to ask your online teacher. You can also send me a question through Teams or ask a classmate through Teams also. I encourage getting help from your peers.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST.....HAVE FUN!!!
- Attend virtual PE with the proper attire. Do not do the PE lessons in your PJ’s, flip flops, slippers or barefoot. Even though you are at home doing PE, please dress like you are at Shady Hill.
- Some of the activities might be hard at first, but TRY and give it your best effort.
- When you are doing an activity, make sure that you have space around you. This is so that you don’t knock a lamp off a table, bump you head doing burpees, sit-ups or push-ups. Also, it is VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU HAVE ADULT SUPERVISION WHEN YOU ARE EXERCISING DURING PE SCHOOL HOURS.
- HAVE FUN!! IF YOU NEED HELP ASK. You can ask your on-line teacher, email me, or post a question through Teams.
- On Mondays I will post the lessons for the week.
- One is a virtual gym lesson. This lesson is a 30-minute PE skills lesson with some fitness. I will make a short video to help demonstrate what to do.
- The second is a fitness workout sheet. You need to answer the questions at the end of the lesson.
My office hours:
Please contact me with questions and/or concerns. This is a learning process and I’m here for you. If your online teacher cannot answer your question, I am available by email, phone or through TEAMS.
Office Hours: I will answer questions when I am finished teaching at Shady Hill - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: 2:00-2:45. Tuesdys I have meetings and will be unavalable.
My email: email@example.com
Shady Hill phone: (352) 291-4085