Directions and Expectations
- Students can access Studies Weekly through the Marion Portal Student login. (Use the Magnifying glass to search for the Studies Weekly Application)
- Students without internet access will use the Studies Weekly paper copy article recieved with their Weekly assignments packet.
- For submitting and Turning in assignments online
- Students will complete a First Read read through the assigned Studies Weekly article.
- Students will then conduct a Second Read to fill in the Crossword Vocabulary Activity.
- Finally, students will use their knowledge of the article to find and answer the Think & Review Questions.
Students will submit their Think and Review answers through Google Classroom submission form or a picture of completed student work submitted through email to Matthew.Nereim@marion.k12.fl.us
Be sure to include Student Name and Date of Completion in order to recieve assignment credit
At-Home-Learning Week 3 (4/13/2020 - 4/17/2020)
Topic: Growth and Westward Expansion
Focus Standard: SS.5.C.2.5
Examine 19th century advancements (canals, roads, steamboats, flat boats, overland wagons, Pony Express, railroads) in transportation and communication.
Student Learning Goal: Students will study the War of 1812 and how it affected westward expansion
Check For Understanding: Students will begin the Week 29 Crossword vocabulary
To Do List:
- Read your Week 29 Social Studies article and answer comprehend questions
- Begin you Week 29 Crossword vocabulary