*** We will use Microsoft TEAMS for ALL video calling and most assignments and tests.
- Microsoft TEAMS is available for all students via their MCPS portal - under the "Office 365" app.
- There is also an app that students can download on their smart phones.
- This platform is new to teachers and students, so please be flexiable - we will take this journey together! :)
*** We will also utilize Google classroom for some assignments that seem to work better with this platform. Class code: u4kjkxc
Class Structure: (this is in reference to MY 2nd block period class only)
- Students will be expected to be ON TIME, logged into TEAMS ready to begin class (via video conference) at 7:50 AM on B-days (2nd block) with their cameras on.
- Disclaimer from Principal Koff,Online Learning Disclaimer: Students who show up late to their online learning class will be marked Unexcused Tardy by their teacher. Parents that are requesting an excused tardy must contact the OMS attendance clerk, Mrs. Schulz at 671-7100 or Valerie.Schulz@marion.k12.fl.us.
- Attendance will be taken each day at 7:50 AM and tardies/absences will be recorded.
- Homeroom 7:50AM - 8:10AM.
- Monday and Wednesdays: Osceola morning show (WOMS)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: D.E.A.R. (Drop Everything and Read)
- Fridays: Habitutes (mental health training) or D.E.A.R.
- The science lesson will begin daily at 8:10 AM. This will consist of lecture, notes, hands-on activities, videos, and/or independent and group work.
Required Materials for MCPS Online (only)
- Headphones/Earbuds (optional)
* I would like for online students to participate in as many hands-on opportunities as possible (same as traditional students), so I may request you to get some supplies at home to be able to achieve this (enough time will be provided to get these supplies). It would not be required, but we will see how it goes.
- Office hours are from 1:55 PM - 3:00 PM.
- Please so not attempt to have conversation during "class time" with students, as we will try to model an actual classroom setting via home learning.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a minute to watch this video. It will show you how to log into Microsoft TEAMS and give a general overview of the platform.Author:Length: