During this difficult time, it is my promise to try and keep things as structured and normal as possible for my kids. I miss them dearly, but I will look forward to this new endevour and challenge with them.
- We will use Google classroom for all materials and assignments. This is where you will find ALL assignments (via Nearpod/Google slides or docs), textbook pages, videos, or other resources.
- Nearpod is something kids have used all year and will be embedded in Google classroom (so there are no codes or anything extra to do).
- Kids have been asking for a Zoom conference, so I will set something up soon and let them know via Google classroom. It will NOT be mandatory, just a way to connect, check in, and answer any questions.
- Weekly materials and assignments will be posted on Mondays and due Friday by 11:59 pm. However, there is no penalty for late work, but turning work in when it's due will ensure you do not get behind.
- Expect 2 assignments per week; 1-2 of which will be graded. These assignments will be clearly numbered and labeled in the "classwork" section of Google classroom.
- The first thing you should do each day is log in and sign the attendance log (even if all work has been turned in). This lets me know that you have checked in. Three days without a check in and I will need to make parent contact.
- Then, check for any new annoucements. If all work is completed for the week, then there is nothing else for you to do.
Contact Information: office hours (from home) are 8am - 2pm
(1) Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) Remind App (class codes on website)
(3) Google classroom
(4) Google Voice (calls or texts): (352) 403-1473
Students Without Internet/Technology Access
- Please contact the school first and they will let teachers know.
- Any work being picked up from school cannot be returned to campus. In this case, work will need to be submitted to me via one of the contact methods above.- Students without internet will still need to check in with me (daily or every couple of days) via email/text/remind - just so I know they are staying up-to-date as well.
Best wishes, as always! :) ~Ms. Bonet