Overview of Home LearningMarion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.
Students, you are missed and loved!
If you need me please contact me through email at Suzanne.Hazen@marion.k12.fl.us
My office hours are from 10:30-12:30.
Please ensure that you are checking for newly assigned work under the assignment tab.
All assignments are located under the Assignment tab.
Please do not neglect your reading during this extended time period.
- Audiobooks: https://stories.audible.com/discovery
- Classic books: http://read.gov/bookd/
- Read 180 Library: https://samconnect.scholastic.com/hosted/pages/ZipCodeLocator
- Grammar practice for middle grades: https://www.classroomcereal.com
- Reading passages for grades 3-12, with reading comprehension and discussion questions: https://www.commonlit.org/
- Readworks is an online resource of reading passages and lesson plans for students of all levels k-12: https://www.readworks.org/
Students can access Read 180 from their Marion County desktop when you click on the "Programs" button in the buttom right hand corner of the screen. Upon clicking there you will see an icon that says "SAM for Read 180". When you click on that button you will be taken to the HMH Central page and will be prompted to log in using your information for that site (for students it is student number/student number).
If you are not able to see the icon on your desktop please log in:
The first time you log in you will have to enter the school zip code (use 34471) and select your district.