Dear Students and Parents,
I am anxiously awaiting the first day of school on August 24, 2020 to see all of your faces. It has been a long five months away from the school and classroom. I hope that you are all ready to return and to have some familiarity back in our lives. While this school year will look very different from the past, it is important to know that we are here for you and ready to give you all the best education possible!
Let me take a second to introduce myself for those that are new to my class. My name is Stephanie Taddeo and I teach Health Occupations here at Belleview High School. This is my 7th year teaching at BHS; however, my years of experience teaching go far beyond that. I am originally from Miami, Florida and moved here to Marion County almost 10 years ago. I received my Bachelors of Science degree from Florida International University and my Masters of Science degree from Southern New Hampshire University. I live in Belleview, Florida with my husband and four children who are a senior, sophomore, and freshman here at Belleview High, and my fifth grader will have one more year at Dr. NH Jones before starting his journey in the Belleview schools.
Let me tell you about a few changes that have occurred here at Belleview High School due to the pandemic.
- Masks are required to be worn at school and in the classroom. Social distancing is not possible in the classroom due to the size of the room and the amount of students, therefore ALL student will have to wear their masks at ALL times.
- One direction hallways are being enforced to keep the flow of traffic one way to decrease the chance of direct and indirect contact. In order to reach downstairs classrooms, all students must walk up the stairs in the front of the buildings, go through the upstairs of the building, and walk down the back staircase and into the bottom floors.
- Due to the one-way traffic, change of class time has increased to 6 minutes. Students will now have 6 minutes to get from one class to another.
- We will have block scheduling every day this year. A blue day is periods 1-3-5 and white day is 2-4-6. The first day of school will be a BLUE day so you will report to ONLY your 1, 3, and 5 period classes.
- Extra lunches have been added to our schedule to decrease the amount of student in the cafeteria at any one time. Your lunch could be different based on your 3rd and 4th If you have Health Science during your 3rd or 4th period, then you will have D lunch, which is the last lunch of the day. This lunch will begin at 1:05 and end at 1:30.
- Social distancing will be required in locations that it is possible. For example, the cafeteria will only be allowed to sit two students at each table to stay 6 feet apart. Your classrooms you may noticed have desks spread out as much as possible to limit and chance of exposure.
Please remember that all of these changes are to protect you and me. These safety measures will help keep us safe if followed properly. If you have any questions please reach out to me. My email is Stephanie.email@example.com
I also use the remind app that I highly encourage students and parents to sign up for.
Health Science 1 A&P – text @hs1taddeo to 81010
Health Science 1 A & P is the first class taught in the core of the three classes taught to become a program completer, designed to provide an in depth knowledge of the health care system and associated occupations. This year the student will have an overview of the human body, both structurally and functionally with emphasis on the pathophysiology and transmission of disease. Medical terminology is an integral part of the course.
Supplies needed for this course are: Ears buds for online work, a stylus pen, 1 pack of colored pencils, 1 large container of Clorox wipes.
A few classroom expectations are:
- Be Respectful
- Be on time
- Be Responsible
- Be Prepared
- Try your best
Thank you for taking the time to read this information and for being an involved parent. I hope to meet you soon and look forward to August 24 to see your child in class. I am confident that despite all of these changes and hurdles, we will have a successful year!
Degrees and Certifications:
Remind Code: @hsItaddeo