***There is a lot of information on this page so please READ EVERYTHING VERY CAREFULLY***
Explorations classes will be utilizing the Edmentum online platform. It is very user friendly. It can be accessed from any electronic device. I'm hoping by now you have secured an electronic device to work on for the remainder of the year, whether it is your personal one or one checked out from Liberty.
Academic Integrity: According to the MCPS Secondary Code of Student Conduct:
- To uphold the highest standards of academic integrity in school work.
- To present school work that is clearly their own on all tests, quizzes, reports, assignments, papers, homework and any school-related test (PSAT FSA, SAT, etc.) unless otherwise stated by the teacher.
- To not assist others in cheating or any other form of academic dishonesty.
- To refuse to tolerate academic dishonesty in others
Marion County Public School Policies
Every student in our district is expected to abide by the Code of Conduct. A copy of the Secondary Code of Student Conduct can be found in your planner or you can access it on the district’s website at https://www.marionschools.net//cms/lib/FL01903465/Centricity/Shared/district%20documents/CodeOfStudentConduct_Secondary.pdf.
Gradebook: Students have 24-hour access to view their gradebook in Skyward. It is highly recommended that students check their grades at least once a week to ensure assignments are being graded and entered for students to view. Once an assignment is created or a grade is posted in Skyward, students will have immediate access to view them.
Grading System. For this course, we will follow the Marion County School District’s recommended standard grading composition:
Homework/ EC…………………….… 10%
Classwork/ Quizzes.…………….. 40%
Projects/ Tests………………….….. 50%
80% - 89%= B
70% - 79%= C
60% - 69%= D
59% and below=F
Communication. There are several options for communicating with the teacher.
- Telephone/ Text: 352-642-7830 during school hours only between 8:30- 9:30am or 2-3pm
- Remind App- this is the preferred method of contact
- Option 1: Text to 81010 in the message section type: @exp4209
- Option 2: Download the Remind app on your smart device; use code @exp4209
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teacher website: This is a great resource for information for both students and parents.
Attendance. Attendance will be taken daily in Skyward. The expectation is that students are logging in to Edmentum regularly to complete assignments by their due date.
Edmentum. As mentioned above, Edmentum is the online learning platform you will be using for the remainder of this course. Click on the Edmentum tab on my teacher website for access.
Assignments. As you go through the units, you will be given various assessments to demonstrate your understanding of the course material, as well as enrichment assignments. Students will have five (5) to seven (7) days to complete an entire module. See teacher website and Edmentum for those due dates.
- Extra Credit (EC). Throughout the quarter students will have opportunities to complete extra credit/ enrichment assignments. These assignments will vary depending on the module. EC assignments will count as homework grades.
- ZOOM Video Session. Once a week on Fridays students will be required to attend a mandatory ZOOM video meeting as a class. This gives students an opportunity to engage in class discussions and to reconnect with one another. Students are required to abide by MCPS dress code during the video sessions and model Liberty's BIG 3. Each Friday session time will vary depending on the class period and will last 40 minutes. Students should already be logged in 10 minutes before their start time. These video sessions will also count as a participation grade.
Pacing. Students are required to complete an entire unit before taking the unit test. These tests are not visible until the test on the assigned test day. Students will not be able to advance to the next unit until the current unit due date has passed.
It is imperative that students stay organized. The best way to do this is to make good use of the Liberty school planners. Assignments will also be posted on the teacher website, as well as Remind messages will go out when something is due.
Lastly, I am here for you. I want to make this a positive online experience for all students. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions, concerns, or issues. My virtual door is always open!
#AllMeansALL #WeAreMCPS #WeAreInThisTogether