Welcome to Mrs. Gardner's Space!
Welcome to my webpage! I am a third grade teacher at Ward-Highlands Elementary and I am looking forward to an exciting year. Please check back frequently to see what is happening in our classroom and to check out our important links or announcements!
For parent-teacher communication I use ClassTag. If you have not connected to Class Tag please do so in order to stay informed with important information.
- Signup for Classtag by either downloading the Classtag app or by signing up at www.classtag.com.
To sign up, please email me at email@example.com for your individual code.
- Families who have checked out Chrome Books who are experiencing tech issues please call the newly created Parent Help Desk. The number is (352)867-2100 and they will field calls M-F from 7:30-4:30. This hotline is for Chromebook technical issues only. If you have any content/curriculum questions please contact myself at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Gardner’s Online Learning Information:
Each week students will be responsible for the following assignments:
- 3 ELA/Reading assignments
- 3 Math Assignments
- 1 Science Assignment
- 1 Social Studies Assignment
- 30-45 minutes of I-Ready Reading
- 30-45 minutes of I-Ready Math
- Read for 20 minutes weekly
**Please note because our start date for the first week in on Wednesday (3/31) assignment expectations have been reduced to accommodate the shorter week and will go as follows: 1 ELA assignment, 1 Math assignment, 1 Social Studies assignment, 30-45 minutes of I-Ready Reading AND Math.
Assignments will be posted in our Google Classroom on Monday by 8:00am and should be completed by Sunday 11:59pm. Students and parents can arrange a personal schedule to complete the assignments within this time frame that meets their needs best.
We are utilizing Google Classroom. If you need the code to join our class please email me at email@example.com.
My main form of communication to parents will be done through Class Tag. If you have not joined Class Tag yet please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can get you connected.
My office hours will be Monday-Friday from 9:00 am – 10:00 am and 1:00pm-2:00 pm. If you need to reach me via phone call or video conference at a different time please email me at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Hello families! Online learning will start on Wednesday, April 1st.
I have chosen to use Google Classroom for our online learning platform. They can access Google Classrooms from their MCPS desktop.
- Sign up for Google Classroom:
1. Go to desktop.marion.k12.fl.us and sign into your student account
2. On the bottom, find where it says "Google Apps" and click on it
3. Click on Google Classroom
4. Sign in with school email and password. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org. Yours would be email@example.com and your school password.
5. Find the + at the top of the screen and click it.
6. Select join class
7. Use class code: (You will need to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for the code)
Please message me if you have any issues: email@example.com