Hello 5th Grade Writers
We are lighting up our writing!
Supporting students as they develop into writers who can communicate well is my goal as a writing teacher.
Helping students acquire an interest in writing for communication, life-long leisure and pleasure and for their professional/career needs is something I strive for every day.
It is definitely a Time to Shine!
There are several ways for parents and students to contact me:
- Office hour 10:00 to 11:00 AM--(not at school, but on line or by telephone)
- Office hour 11:00 to 12:00 Noon--(not at school, but on line or by telephone)
- I will be available at 352-462-1386 by phone during my office hours
- Email me at email@example.com
- I hope that we can start meeting via Zoom so that we can share with each other in person. I will let you know by inviting you to participate in a meeting via the computer.
- Leave a message and I will return your call or email as quickly as I can.
- 5th Grade teachers are also working with Dojo to get our lists updated so we can use it for communication.
Daily you need to complete the Bell Ringer and email a picture of it or email your answer so that I count you for attendance. Remember you do not send hard copies to me at the school. YOU MUST DO THIS BEFORE 10 AM each morning.
BELL RINGER For April 1, 2020
List four things you do when you start to write a paragraph.
Be sure to check the assignments I have listed and complete each assignment.
This first week of virtual learning, 5th grade students have PE. Students, please check the PE teachers' websites for your PE assignment this week. Next week, Week 2, you will have Music.
I am anxious to work with you via the computer. Make this adventure exciting by doing as much as you can and remember our motto, "Give a little more than you are asked for".
Stay in touch!!