A Message From Your Teacher:
Dear Incoming 2nd Graders and Families,
I am so excited that I get to be your teacher in August! I look forward to working with you. You won't believe how much you will learn and how much FUN we will have this school year. Until then, I want you and your family to have a fun, relaxing summer, but remember to exercise your little brains as well.
Below are some tips that will help you to be a Super, Successful 2nd Grader!
- Read (or be read to) for 20 minutes daily
- Continue to practice reading and spelling 1st grade sight words
- Practice addition/subtraction facts (0-10)
- Count by 1, 5, and 10 to 120 (or higher)
- Keep a writing journal to write down your summer time experiences. Be sure to use complete sentences with correct capitalization and punctuation!
I will see you in August!
Summer Enrichment Program Details
Sunshine State Young Readers Books
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Google Classroom, Mircrosoft Teams, Zoom, etc.) These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child's image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.