Policies & Procedures
- Each student in Kindergarten through fifth grade may check out library books.
- Accelerated Reader goals are established for every BSE student to reach during each of the 9 week grading quarters. When an AR Goal is reached, the student is entitled to check out additional library books.
- Books that are checked out, may be renewed for an additional week if students need to finish reading them.
- There are no fines for overdue materials, however, if a student damages, or loses the library book, he or she will need to pay the cost of the book so that we may replace it in our library.
- Students may not check-out another library book from our current collection until they have paid for books that have been lost or damaged, however, they canalways check out from our Second Chance book collection.
- Reference books may not be checked out by students, however, they are free to use all reference materials while in the media center.
Library Gifts are always appreciated. If the gift meets library standards, it may be added to the media center collection. If not, it may be used as a reward for reading goals achieved by students.