MCCA Drawing and Painting
The following information is for after you have applied to the MCCA program- on light of COVID-19.
MCCA Requirements:Hello! Welcome to Distance Auditions! Congratulations on getting accepted into the first part of entry into the MCCA Visual Arts Program! Thank you so much for your patience and flexibility as we navigate these unusual circumstances. I am so excited to have you audition with me! Even though I would sincerely love to meet you in person, I look forward to “meeting” you and your family through Distance Auditions and believe wholeheartedly that this Distance Auditioning process will also work for what we need to know about you and your art for entry into the MCCA Visual Arts Program. All audition information needs to be sent to me via email, and please do so in a timely manner, to keep things moving! After I am able to review your audition, I will soon after send out notifications of your status for the MCCA Visual Arts Program. Below you will find the Distance Audition Process:
Please follow the directions below:
-Submit Photos of 3 drawings on pieces of 8 1/2” x 11 paper to my email:Jennifer.Moore@marion.k12.fl.us
- Self-Portrait from observation, not from a cell phone
- a Pair of Shoes, artfully arranged
- Still-Life, objects that are well-loved, arranged together in an artful way.
Please answer the following questions in your email to me:
1. Description of your interest in art- what parts of art interest you? Drawing? What do you like to draw? Painting? What do you like to paint?
2. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Are you practicing art? Are you in a career having to do with art?
3. What school are you currently in attendance? If at West Port already, what grade are you in? Are you already in MCCA?
4. Are you currently in the Advanced Art class? (If not, it is okay- it will not negatively affect your status for entry into MCCA Visual Arts program.)
Please note**** VERY IMPORTANT!
- There is a $70 MCCA fee / year for Visual Arts. This offsets the cost of the many higher quality consumable art supplies that are used each year.
- Applicants should be students in good academic, attendance, and disciplinary standing, with a minimum 3.0 grade point average and a Level 3 on all FSA scores. This must be maintained throughout the MCCA Program.
- If accepted to MCCA, students are required to participate in co-curricular activities, performances, and exhibitions, fundraisers, and other activities related to their areas of concentration. All MCCA students are required to sign a drug testing form, according to Marion County Policy.
Thank you so much for your time and attention. If you have any concerns or questions, please let me know so I can help you. I look forward to hearing from you!Take care!Jennifer L. MooreMCCA Art, Head of Drawing and Painting, WPHS"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle
2D Art Program:
Year 1: Drawing 1
Year 2: Drawing/ Painting 2
Year 3: Drawing/ Painting 3
Year 4: Portfolio Development, AP 2D Design, AP 2D Drawing