Mrs Erickson's class
Welcome back to our distance learning class.
Mrs. Florence and I miss you all dearly. Throughout this separation, we have been striving to reconnect us all. We both hope that you have stayed safe, and germ free.
In this time, our communications will be limited to few options…
- Class Dojo – This app will be used for multiple purposes. It is highly recommended that you check it this daily. Relaying information will be in the form of simple messaging, and Classroom posts. The Classroom posts will be used by both parents and teachers, in order to show that students have successfully completed their assigned work in each subject: Reading, Language, Writing, (more commonly known as ELA) Math, Science, and Social Studies. When using the messaging system during school hours, 7:45 am to 2:05, anything you send will be responded to first.
- I, Ms. Erickson, can be reached by calling one of two numbers. If you must contact me after school hours, please send a text or you may leave a voicemail, and I will get back to you as soon as I can. We both have different office hours that we can be contacted during, and they are stated below.
Office hours as of Monday – Friday…
Ms. Erickson’s hours
- 10:00 - 11:00 am
- 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Mrs. Florence's hours
- 10:00 - 11:00 am
- 1:00 - 2:00 pm
Ways to reach us:
- Google voice – 352-462-2685 (Mrs. Florence)
- Google voice - 352-462-3606 (Ms. Erickson)
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note #1: The Distant Learning Packet in Assignments is a Word Document that you can click on by pressing “Enable Editing”. In Enable Editing mode the answers can be typed in and then click on Save As with a new title such as students name and week. Example "Elliott April 1 to 3" is now saved on your computer under this title so you can go back to finish later or make changes.
Note #2: Please log into iReady each week to have your child do at least 30 mins. iReady is designed to remediate or review what a student may be struggling in or guessing at. Please stop to answer any questions or watch your child do iReady as they begin so they can be as successful as they can be as they learn each lesson. I hope to see a lot of 80, 90, or 100 percent on their lessons as I am still giving out stars on our iReady chart and will be checking in on their progress. Thank you for your help and understanding.
Note #3: MyOn is a great reading site designed for each student to read at their level and enjoy reading.
Note #4: It is my understanding that the take home Distance Learning printed packet does not have to be returned. But instead we are asking that parents take a picture of the finished work and return the pictures as an attachment through teacher's school email Kathleen.Erickson@marion.k12.fl.us.
The pictures can also be posted to the class Dojo so I can view it. Please take a picture in each subject, Reading/English/Language, Math, Science, Social Studies as we will need a grade each week for each of these subjects.
Note #6: For the students that are working online, please save the word document as he/she finishes each subject. You will be able to send the Distance Learning online Packet completed, as an attachment to the teacher's email at Kathleen.Erickson@marion.k12.fl.us.
Note #7: Please click on "Assignments" for more details such as the Distance Learning Packet and "Calendar" to see due dates for all the assignments.
Thank you for your patience as we are working to get better at our Distance Learning Program. We cherish and love you all.
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” ~ Nelson Mandela
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.